SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X Carry no lighthening cut
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X Carry no lighthening cut Login/Join 
posted
Hi everybody.

Can the P320 X carry be custom built from the factory without the lightening cut ?

I am considering this model as a duty weapon but I'm concerned about debris coming inside the action by the lighthening cut.

Also think the difference in weight without the cut is not significant for quick follow up shoots.

Thanks for yout imput

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Glad you finally posted! Member since 2004.

I have not heard of the factory taking custom orders, but give them a call. You never know what they might say.

The regular, “non-X” P320 Carry is a great pistol, you might just consider one of those.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna say no. But give Sig time. I’m sure at some point the factory will release some frankensig that has a standard 320 slide on a X-Carry frame.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SigForum, and hello from another cop. I was very gung-ho on the P320 X-carry. I went to my LGS with cash in hand when I found out that they had one in stock. I asked to see it, and was disappointed to say the least. The slide wouldnt go into battery without being pushed into place. The trigger sucked bad. I passed on the gun and the salesman said that it would be sent back to sig.

For duty use, I want a gun that has a great track record. P22X, Glock 22/17, etc. The P320 has had a very spotty track record. Just something to keep in mind.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raptor23
posted Hide Post
My experience asking Sig to do something like that was a resounding "No". I had asked if I could have them put the slide from a P220 two-tone with the frame of a P220 Equinox (wanted to make something similar to my P229 two-tone).
Just a flat out "No". It was a bit disappointing, especially since they were both in-line and in stock items at the time.
Even asked if I could pay more and get it through the Master Shop, and was flat turned down. Bummer.
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Glad you finally posted! Member since 2004.

I have not heard of the factory taking custom orders, but give them a call. You never know what they might say.

The regular, “non-X” P320 Carry is a great pistol, you might just consider one of those.

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure seems like there is a sizeable variation in trigger quality in various P320s. My compact, RX and X-5 all sting my finger but have pretty good triggers. The VTAC I just picked up has a really good trigger that doesn't sting my finger.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If SIG put a lightening cut in the slide, it's there for a reason.

The same objection could be said of the Glock 34/35 slide.

They're not going to make the slide sluggish for reasons of aesthetics.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Buy the XCarry grip module, put it on a compact slide and send it to Grayguns or Robert Burke. I have the XCarry and so far I’ve been amazed at its accuracy. I took the fcu and slide and put them on a subcompact frame. Took it to the range to see if it worked. First 5 shots at 10 yards was one quarter sized hole in the bullseye. Went thru my drills and was just as accurate at distance as I was with the XCarry grip. Shot my VTac for the first time and had some issues with slide not locking back and shooting low. Combat sight picture for the VTac and 6 o’clock for the XCarry.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
If SIG put a lightening cut in the slide, it's there for a reason.

The same objection could be said of the Glock 34/35 slide.

They're not going to make the slide sluggish for reasons of aesthetics.
But it's practically the same size as the Compact slide. The slide cuts are most likely for aesthetics.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have X Carry and don’t like the slide cuts either. It leaves a distracting flash that I’m sure I’ll get used to eventually but haven’t yet.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Is it really a worry, though? Think of all the M9s in the various sandboxes of the world and I haven't heard it's a problem.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
You can always buy an X Series frame and flat trigger for $100 and plop it on a P320 Carry. Not sure about magazines.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pancho66
posted Hide Post
Be patient, won't be surprised to see an X series with no slide cuts in the future. My new issued service gun (320) is an X series chassis, regular slide (no cuts) with front/rear slide serrations.

Pancho

Posts: 121 | Location: Arizona | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pancho66,

You're the Man.

Where are those nice photos ? Big Grin

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
They're available as LE models. Already on quantico's website

X-Carry (ACRO & DPP slides), X5 x2 (w/ DPPs, gas pedals, Springer guide rods)

Posts: 293 | Location: Up Nort | Registered: July 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post