SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 legion grips - are they available for a standard P226r?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 legion grips - are they available for a standard P226r? Login/Join 
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted
So I happened upon a new P226R E2 at my LGS a few weeks ago and was surprised that it had a better trigger than the P226 legion DA/SA I've test fired several months ago at the same store.

I purchase quite a few firearms from that store and they made me an incredible deal on the P226R so I couldn't justify a $400+ difference to get the Legion and took the P226R home. I love the gun and I'm so happy I bought it. The one sniggle is that I'm not sure I'm digging the E2 grips which is ironic considering I have small hands.

My issue is that I am a lefty and my support hand isn't really getting a good purchase on the thinner grip. In fast strings I feel my grip breaking, and while I'm still running the gun accurately, I'd like to make a change.

After shooting another pair of pistols yesterday I wandered over to the Sig case (big mistake) and spent a minute with the P226 legion and totally loved the grips. They fit my hands perfectly but I really don't want to buy another P226 and spend $1200 I do not need to.

So the 64 dollar question is: can I buy and install Legion grips for my P226r E2?

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Legion grips are not sold separately. You just have to be lucky to get them from private sellers.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try the G10 grips from Hogue. I replaced the E2 grips on my 229 with them. I like them a lot.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
If you are patient it's possible a set of Legion grips will turn up on the used market, but most users tend to prefer them so they will be few and far between offerings and will likely be snapped up quickly.

Keep in mind that you will either need to purchase some Legion controls to fit or modify the Legion grips to work for the Standard P226 controls.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Keep in mind that you will either need to purchase some Legion controls to fit or modify the Legion grips to work for the Standard P226 controls.

Ah, forgot about the reduced size controls on the Legion. Looks like I'll try the Hogue G10s that ZSMICHAEL mentioned.

Thanks guys.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post