SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need Info Sig Legion P220 SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Info Sig Legion P220 SAO Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
After having run several thousand rounds through my Legion P226 SAO I have concluded that the Legion P220 SAO is my grail carry gun. Even more so if it is offered in a Carry version. I am unable to find much about this particular model. I know they exist but it is not listed on Sig's web page. Is it a unicorn? Does anyone have experience with shooting one?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legion SAO Carry was a short run, discontinued model. Was one in the classifieds just recently.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I gather from the lack of response there are very few of these guns in the wild. Interesting

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’re correct, not many out there. A few hundred if I recall from internet rumors. Some traditional DA/SA Legion 220’s have the ability to be converted, depends on how the frame left the factory. Why it was a short run is beyond me.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few P220 Legion SAOs in .45 acp listed on Gunbroker if you want to buy one.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rockyriver
posted Hide Post
The OP is more interested in a Sig Legion P220 Carry SAO. However there are a few Legion P220 Carry listed on the net, I've seen none in SAO, Only in SA/DA.
The Carry Model appears to be rare.
It has a 3.9 inch barrel, Where as the Full size has a 4.4 inch barrel.
Yes the Carry model is rare, And does not appear on Sigs website.

https://www.smga.com/p-127915-...size-45acp-dasa.aspx

Posts: 38 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Legion P220 Carry was DA/SA correct? There was no Carry version in SAO that I recall.

I am very happy with my full-size P220 Legion SAO.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post