SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question Re: MCSO AZ Marked Glock G45
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question Re: MCSO AZ Marked Glock G45 Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
This Glock G45 was recently sold as a used item by my LGS via the big on-line auction. Does anyone know the history behind this variation? I suspect MCSO AZ stands for Maricopa County Sheriff's Office. Was this a Glock catalog item? An LEO contract overrun? The model seems to recent to have been an LEO refurb. I have found very little information on the web. Thanks.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
That looks suspiciously like a Rocke Guns POS.

The tip off is the non-matching slide and barrel serial numbers.
(Also, I don’t think Glock makes a 45C. So why would a major PD have it done aftermarket?)

Similar to this:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889879148

Basically a fake.
Can’t 100% say it is, but doesn’t look right.

Rocke is known for their shenanigans and questionable marketing practices.
Google Rocke Guns and you’ll see.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They sound like idiots. And that gun was “ported” not compensated.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock indeed does not make a 45C. That is likely a 19C factory but aftermarket (the barrel serial number is not from a gun, it's similar to Glock barrels sold by themselves). I also don't believe there are any Gen 5 "C" guns yet, so that's likely a Gen 4 barrel.

So...no Glock marksman barrel and no DLC finish.

The engraving is lame, too.

Pass.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy is a fake and puts out fakes. There are many forums that discuss the same thing. If you care to visit his website and view his "deep thoughts", you can see the arrogance.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good lord. I read his diatribes. He is a buffoon. At one point he literally talks about ported pistols being bad ideas but he doesn’t follow his own advice. He never actually gave a good reason why he doesn’t follow his own advice other than the obvious one, he sells a shitton of ported pistols. He says things that make sense then follows it up with mindless drivel. He says work on hand strength. Then he says don’t buy a gun that fits your hand. Why? Well if you follow his logic the Colt Peacemaker never changed grips so why should you. Also, you might wear gloves. Also your hands shrink when they get cold. There’s more like this. So, work on hand grip strength. Smart. Don't worry about finding a grip size that works best for you. Nonsense

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No police agency I know of marks their guns with such huge billboards. And his $2800+ Glock GB ad? Pure scam and hilarious too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Compensated pistols = decreased recoil allowing the Tier One operator to put voluminous rounds on target in a CQB close quarter battle scenario while maintaining a sight picture ensuring accurate fire.

Hoo boy.
What a line of BS from the GB listing.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
But apparently Rockes deceptive marketing practices work. They make money off of suckers who are willing to buy in without questioning why US Property is misspelled on the engraving.

Just another scam in a long line of scams.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Using those badges is shady enough

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since thanks to social media and the web in general it's a career path nowadays, I'd call them "influencer of delusions for the braindead". Only a complete bonehead would fall in for this kind of crap.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
MCSO does not issue guns.

The deputies supply their own.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
He has an ad on hos webpage that features a PHX PD patch on a bag in the foreground of the photos. Then in his ad he puts this:

(one huge red flag is that he refers to the Maricopa County Sheriffs DEPARTMENT. There is no such agency.)

PHOENIX POLICE DEPARTMENT: This listing has nothing to do with the Phoenix PD. It is eye candy. We are not selling anything from the Phoenix PD. We do however, have a batch of Phoenix PD duty bags which are as shown. As long as you do not live in AZ we will ship one with your purchase while supplies last. Free. Or Scottsdale Police bag or AZ DPS bag or Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department bag or Maricopa Animal control.. whatever shipping throws your way. And no, you cannot buy nor have any Phoenix PD badges. Period.

There is A SIG he has on the page with a couple of frag grenades..... and other glocks with poor engraving on them that says NATIONAL ACADEMY he is marketing as FBI NA. Total BS.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
The minute I saw this post I recalled seeing that sellers name before. $3400 "Glock 19X SOCOM MOS" - "CIVVIE legal" etc. Ouch.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock does not do engraving in the manner that pistol is engraved. I’ve seen some Rocke ads on GB. He is clearly shading the truth in his listings.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Until now, I was unaware of Rocke Guns. While certainly not to my liking, the mismatched G45 pictured in my OP sold for $635 - at or about the same price as a factory new G45 on the same auction site.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I imagine at $635 they didn't make a ton of money on it by the time they put a new barrel in it, milled, and refinished the slide. You could probably get $600 for a NIB 45 right now and save yourself all the crap.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
Sportsmans Supply sold it on GB for $635.

I'm sure some poor sucker bought it from Rocke Guns for $2500, then took a bath when they traded it to Sportsmans Supply.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Once again this forum provides me with a chuckle.

Not sure How I'd never heard of this douche-bag, but it's hilarious! Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Oof.

"Buy the gun, not the story" is a common adage in the milsurp market, where guns with fake markings and blatantly false lineages show up regularly, sometimes being churned out in large scale by certain infamous sellers like Mitchell's Mausers.

It appears that Rocke Guns is the Mitchell's Mausers of the Glock world.

Liars, all.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post