SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Am I the only one picking up a cheap Elsie Pea?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I the only one picking up a cheap Elsie Pea? Login/Join 
Picture of Shackelford
posted
My local shop has first gen Rugers for $219 new. I've been on the fence on a pocket carry gun for a while now, but at that price I couldn't resist. That's a good $100 price drop from before the LCP IIs arrived. Any one else snatching these up for price alone?

Any good recommendations for pocket holsters? I've seen some that give it a good rectangular shape for when it prints in my back pocket. Any recommendations on how to carry these?

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few months back for just under $200. I use a kydex pocket holster to carry it, although I carry it only occasionally.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with first generation LCP's.
Picked two of them up when they first came out.
nice little pocket pistols.
Only issue I have is price of .380 ammo.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Any good recommendations for pocket holsters?

DeSantis Nemesis.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Any good recommendations for pocket holsters?

DeSantis Nemesis.

+1. Mag goes in a DeSantis magpacker.

Ruger has 7rd mags that work fine for me.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Findlayref19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Only issue I have is price of .380 ammo.

Reload!!! But 380 is a pain to reload too.

Posts: 4 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Though the trigger is better in the newest ones, I have an older version and wouldn't trade it for a new one. It feels better in the hand than the current offering and I like the low profile no drag sights.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Though the trigger is better in the newest ones, I have an older version and wouldn't trade it for a new one. It feels better in the hand than the current offering and I like the low profile no drag sights.

What sights?

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I just got another about two weeks ago. Also, I make my own holsters of the style you're talking about; will have some more available in a few days and posted here. All leather, hand-stitched, choice of colors and left or right handed. Gimme a few days for a posting in Classifieds to show up!

Here's a pic of one in brown, shown as viewed from the body side (facing inward inside the pocket) with LCP in place:

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I probably should have bought one. Went with an M&p Bodyguard for a lot more money, had it one day, sent it back to Smith the next and have been waiting 5 weeks to get it back.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I just got another about two weeks ago. Also, I make my own holsters of the style you're talking about; will have some more available in a few days and posted here. All leather, hand-stitched, choice of colors and left or right handed. Gimme a few days for a posting in Classifieds to show up!

Here's a pic of one in brown, shown as viewed from the body side (facing inward inside the pocket) with LCP in place:

This is the type of holster that I use. Very pleased with this style, and if I leave the house, this combo leaves with me. I have the original LCP Ruger, and have had zero problems.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A local shop had the LCPII on a weekend sale for $229. As much as I whine about .380 as a defensive caliber and my dislike of the original LCP, I admit that I was sorely tempted.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
<<snip>>
This is the type of holster that I use. Very pleased with this style, and if I leave the house, this combo leaves with me. I have the original LCP Ruger, and have had zero problems.

Yep... I tried several different styles, including the "sticky" ones, and this is the only one that made sense and truly obscured the outline of the gun under all conditions! I'm on my third Elsie because I'm stoopid sometimes and let things go when I know better, I went with the upgraded original version (don't like the LCP-II at all). They often sell at my LGS for $188.00 for the all-black version, and $209.00 for the two-tone, which is what I gave for mine....

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LCPs now come with a decent pocket holster in the box.

Posts: 267 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
A local shop had the LCPII on a weekend sale for $229. As much as I whine about .380 as a defensive caliber and my dislike of the original LCP, I admit that I was sorely tempted.

I have the II, one of the fastest shooting little pistols I've ever shot. I really like mine.

But I don't like pocket carry, I carry mine kydex IWB, with a dual mag pouch, sure not much bulk.

I have been using and like the Ruger ARX 380 ammo.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from Buds, the LCP II for 209$. https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...hp/products_id/22617

I do have an LCP that I bought new for 150$ when the IIs were released.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had my LCP for several years now and usually pocket carry in a Remora holster during the hot summer months. Still a regular EDC for me.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've had my LCP-CT for... a year or two? Carry it in a DeSantis Pocket-Tuk. I call it my "Noisy Cricket" Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've had every version of the LCP at some point. I've never had a problem with any of them. My favorite is the LCP Custom, and it's the only one I still have. I don't pocket carry much. CDNN has the LCP Custom for $229 now, according to today's email.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I have an LCP II that I carry very often, especially as a backup gun on duty...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post