SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Am I the only one picking up a cheap Elsie Pea?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I the only one picking up a cheap Elsie Pea? Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have a very old first gen with factory chrome plated slide and barrel (not stainless, now discontinued)

I wanted a black one, but they were sold out, and only had chrome available. Now I'm glad I bought it, as chrome is tough as nails and doesn't have any corrosion issues. Still looks like new, 8 years later.

It has easy 3000 rounds down range with not one jam ever. Best pocket .380 out there.

Ruger has replaced the guide rod, magazine springs and recoil springs for free, several times now. Just call and ask for spare parts, and they send them no questions asked.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

...Ruger has replaced the guide rod, magazine springs and recoil springs for free, several times now...

Am I the only one who wonders if Ruger simply uses retractable pen springs as recoil springs? Smile

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim E:
LCPs now come with a decent pocket holster in the box.

Would you mind posting a picture of one? I just bought a new LCP and it didn't come with anything other than the zippered storage pouch they've always come with! Thanks!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
<<snip>> Just call and ask for spare parts, and they send them no questions asked.

Yep... they did that for me on both an ancient 10/22 when I broke the barrel band due to being ham-fisted removing it from the stock, and when I lost the firing pin retainer pin in a MK-II pistol some years ago. Both parts were shipped out immediately free of charge, even though I offered and requested to pay for them because it was my fault both times! And, the 10/22 was 2nd or 3rd hand and WAAAY out of any dream of a warranty!!! They wouldn't hear of it and shipped the parts next morning on their dime... Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know how to post a pic, but all of the recent (well over a hundred) LCPs we have received come with the pocket holster. A nice nylon type. Similar to a Desantis in material and construction, but with a closed muzzle end.

Posts: 267 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

Interesting.... wonder if it only comes with the LCP-II, or with all variants?

Doesn't really matter to me in the long run I guess as it's nothing more than something to start with until you get a better one... in my opinion! Any pocket holster that doesn't hide the outline of the gun in tighter fitted pants, like blue jeans, is simply not doing the whole job for me! Without the outer panel like I put on the ones I make, or some similar feature to completely disguise the pistol, the holster isn't complete.... again, in my opinion.

Bill R.
North Alabama

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
My new LCP 1 came with that same holster. It works well enough, at least for the first few forays out of the house until I get around to picking up something better.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, comes with all variants.

Posts: 267 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim E:
Yes, comes with all variants.

Okay, thanks! Like Shackelford said, it would be okay for a starter holster while you find something better, so it's nice that Ruger is including it now. I guess I just missed the shipment where they were included as my LGS is a premier Ruger dealer and buys the things by the truckload (almost literally). The day I picked my newest one up they had a stack of them left at LEAST 18 high, and a week later when I picked up my P230 they were all gone except for the display model and were waiting on more to come in. They have a Ruger rep in the store at least once a week serving customers...

Bill R.
North Alabama

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
AIM has 380 for $10. Cheapest I have ever seen and I bought some.

quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Nothing wrong with first generation LCP's.
Picked two of them up when they first came out.
nice little pocket pistols.
Only issue I have is price of .380 ammo.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I bought a wallet holster from bronicabill, here on this forum. It arrived. First impressions, it was nicely done, sturdy, and little Elsie slid right in, nice and comfy. It looks just like the photo on the previous page. One little thing I wasn't expecting, when drawing, I think you slide your fingers between the leather flap and the gun. A few practice draws from my rear pocket seemed to work well. I'll try and update in a few days after I've had it out a few times, and maybe even to the range. So far, I like it. Particularly at church, when I'm wearing thinner dress pants, it shouldn't print at all. Of course, with weather cooling down, I'll be able to go back to full suits soon, and with it, a proper 228.

In short, I recommend bronicabill. I think he will be advertising these here over in the Classifieds soon, if not already. Quick service, and great looking holster.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I've had every version of the LCP at some point. I've never had a problem with any of them. My favorite is the LCP Custom, and it's the only one I still have. I don't pocket carry much. CDNN has the LCP Custom for $229 now, according to today's email.

Wonder where those have been lurking; Ruger discontinued those guns some time ago. They've been out of the distributors' product offerings since January or February. I've got a couple of customers looking for those; I've give them the heads up on CDNN (just checked, they still have them in stock for $10 more). Thanks for the posting.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
I bought a wallet holster from bronicabill, here on this forum. It arrived. First impressions, it was nicely done, sturdy, and little Elsie slid right in, nice and comfy. It looks just like the photo on the previous page. One little thing I wasn't expecting, when drawing, I think you slide your fingers between the leather flap and the gun. A few practice draws from my rear pocket seemed to work well. I'll try and update in a few days after I've had it out a few times, and maybe even to the range. So far, I like it. Particularly at church, when I'm wearing thinner dress pants, it shouldn't print at all. Of course, with weather cooling down, I'll be able to go back to full suits soon, and with it, a proper 228.

In short, I recommend bronicabill. I think he will be advertising these here over in the Classifieds soon, if not already. Quick service, and great looking holster.

Glad to hear you like it, and yeah, your hand should slip naturally inside that outer concealment flap and give a nearly full shooting grip on the gun before you even begin to draw it! It was originally designed for front pocket use, and in that position you don't even have to try.... your hand goes between flap and gun automatically. Back pocket use may require a slightly different technique as I do not carry that way, but do know some of my holsters are in use in back pockets!

I keep trying to get some made for the Classifieds, but I've been selling faster than I can make them, so haven't gotten any posted yet! Starting another batch today, so we'll see...

Bill R.
North Alabama

posted Hide Post
They're now down to $169 but you'll have to pay shipping:

http://palmettostatearmory.com...6rd-pistol-3701.html

Offer expires at midnight on Tues, Sep 19.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Everyone should own a LCP. I'm on my second. They are great pocket pistols and more affordable now than ever.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:
Everyone should own a LCP. I'm on my second. They are great pocket pistols and more affordable now than ever.

Most definitely!!! Can't say enough good things about them myself... and definitely not for the price!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder: If you are considering an early LCP, make sure that it has had the recall work done.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2270 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I just got another about two weeks ago. Also, I make my own holsters of the style you're talking about; will have some more available in a few days and posted here. All leather, hand-stitched, choice of colors and left or right handed. Gimme a few days for a posting in Classifieds to show up!

Here's a pic of one in brown, shown as viewed from the body side (facing inward inside the pocket) with LCP in place:

I'm pleased with the one I bought. Cool

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I just got another about two weeks ago. Also, I make my own holsters of the style you're talking about; will have some more available in a few days and posted here. All leather, hand-stitched, choice of colors and left or right handed. Gimme a few days for a posting in Classifieds to show up!

Here's a pic of one in brown, shown as viewed from the body side (facing inward inside the pocket) with LCP in place:

I'm pleased with the one I bought. Cool

Hope you enjoy it! Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama