SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finished my Pre B CZ
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finished my Pre B CZ Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I cerakoted a surplus gun, here it is. It has some pitting that I didn't think would show. I might keep it as is or re do the frame. if I redo the frame, I'll lose the script on that side. Its a range gun, so it will probably stay.

And both my surplus guns

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I have one of those Israeli Pre-Bs. It has so much holster wear the thing is almost devoid of blue. Still functions fine.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Thanks! When I threw that one in the acetone, the "paint" peeled off like a tangerine skin!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't tried it but somebody has a "filler" for those pits. Maybe Duracoat?

I like the color you chose.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love me some CZ blasters !

Great color and grip choices. You should do a before and after photo shoot.

Well done !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Where did you get those grips??? Eek

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What color is that? I really like it and it is a job well done. Where do I send my frame?

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Thanks! They are Hogue grips that I ordered on Amazon. The color is Sniper Grey. Has anyone noticed the front sight yet?

Beth Greene

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
What color is that? I really like it and it is a job well done. Where do I send my frame?

Probably not far!

Beth Greene

Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
Those both turned out really nice! A new life for those old beaters!

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg: . . . Has anyone noticed the front sight yet?

Hey, it looks like you had the slide milled for a dovetailed front sight. Very nice!

I don't know how much you intend on putting into this gun, but minor wonders can be done for both the SA and DA pulls with the right polishing, reshaping of the bottom of the hammer strut, and of course some replacement parts from CZC and CGW.

Posts: 904 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: June 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post