Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 Swiss Login/Join 
Picture of NMDave
posted
A recent acquaintance of mine has a 225 he wants to sell. Knowing I am a SIG freak, he asked me what he should ask for it. Me being me, I am thinking about snatching it up before it hits the market. Problem is, I have no idea what the FMV is. So, not asking for an appraisal based on what I shared and picture posted, just would like a range.

No box, no target, no manual, and only one mag.

1980 was a special year for me (birth of oldest child and year I graduated) so, I would likely pay top dollar.

Would greatly appreciate your guidance and counsel on what is fair for both. May be more than I am willing to pay... if so, I will let ya’ll know when he posts it for sale.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
No more special than any other classic P225s, although sellers always want to hype it up as being Swiss and rare. They are NOT rare. Not even scarce.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
No more special than any other classic P225s, although sellers always want to hype it up as being Swiss and rare. They are NOT rare. Not even scarce.

Thanks... that is what I was looking for. I had no idea if the Swiss thing made a difference.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It must be a weapon made specifically for a Swiss police force and must thus, I think, have on their request a heel release instead of a push button magazine release.

Posts: 48 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No montage suisse means "assembled in switzerland". Swiss police pistols have a Flag of the "canton" on the slide.There is 26 cantons in switzerland. Cantonsare like the states in USA. It's a civilian model. Some people say the montage suisse are not the most accurate models.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
To me it's less desirable than a German P225. Many, including myself, don't care for the mag heel release and the 1980 vintage means that the feed ramp is likely to be problematic for HPs. There's an example on GB that's laughably priced and yes "incredibly rare", meaning the seller doesn't know what they're talking about.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. It has the Canton marking. It was a cops gun and the finish showed it. I had it Ceracoated. Mine has been back to Sig for re-hab and shoots great. Mine will shoot most HP ammo, but to be 100% sure of it, I load Pow-R-Ball in it if I carry it.
I think the Swiss markings make it cool, but beyond that, its just an older P225.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for saving my ass... again...

I think I insulted him with my offer but, like I told him, I take the opinions of this forum’s members as gospel. So, we will likely see the ad on GB soon. Wink

Dave

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
No montage suisse means "assembled in switzerland". Swiss police pistols have a Flag of the "canton" on the slide.There is 26 cantons in switzerland. Cantonsare like the states in USA. It's a civilian model. Some people say the montage suisse are not the most accurate models.

All the commercial P225 had the mag push button. The heel Lever as on this one has only been made on request by a swiss police. This weapon must have any signs on top or on the left side. Otherwise is this pistol really something special...

Posts: 48 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoC:
quote:
Originally posted by toto:

All the commercial P225 had the mag push button. The heel Lever as on this one has only been made on request by a swiss police. This weapon must have any signs on top or on the left side. Otherwise is this pistol really something special...

So, the question is, which Swiss canton did not have their Coat of Arms on their sidearms? Was it a requirement to have the COA on the guns, or was it at the canton chief's discretion?

And no, there is nothing special about this gun. I used to own these two Montage Suisse P225s, one with and the other without the COA. Both with heel mag release. Special? Nope.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
I guess this settles that this one was LE.

Dave

posted Hide Post
If I had the chance to buy that pistol for $400-450, I would buy it.
I like the single column SIGs.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Handsomest SIG pistols IMO. It's special IMO, but not really any more special than any nice P225. Buy it.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy it.

Next to a 210, its a classic Sig model. Single-stack 9, concealable, pair it with a nice leather holster and buy-up a bunch of magazines.

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Agree it’s worth buying for the right price. I picked up a used “modern” 225, like new, Talo edition for $550. Unfortunately, with the Swiss pedigree, he feels (and he just might) get twice that. Honestly my preference is a German P226 (which is how I met this dude) so, just going to be patient until that, like new, German made, 1980’s 226 comes along.

Dave

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Americans generally don't like heel mag releases. It isn't rare.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Each canton may or may not have the COA on the slide, but a number of swiss local city police forces also adopted the P225 and didn't have any particular markings on it, just the Montage Suisse.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RoC,

posted Hide Post
NMDave if price is reasonable I'd purchase the Swiss Police 225. IMO both as a collector and edc the 225 is a very classic Sig, doubt that both German and Swiss police made a mistake when they chose the P-225/P6. Casually checking the usual sources not many German P-225, P-6 German or Swiss P-225 listed for sale, just might be keepers.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post