SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1981 COLT Combat Commander .38 Super
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1981 COLT Combat Commander .38 Super Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That’s beautiful! At one time I owned a 1970 Colt Commander in 38 Super. I ended up selling it as I originally bought it for a project and decided I didn’t want to mess with it because it was so pretty. I sold it to an older gentleman who was looking to replace one just like he used to own many moons ago. My only Super Automatic right now is my Colt Talo I picked up in 2012. When I carry a 1911, it’s this one.

I have always been looking for a good “birth year” Colt in 38 Super and a few months ago I found a nice LW Commander…in 45 ACP. I was really wanting one in Super but this was so nice I decided not to pass it up.

I continue to look for a 1974 model in The Gentleman’s Caliber, 38 Super Automatic Smile

The 1970 Colt

My Talo 38 Super with R. Grizzle Town & Country 2

A bit ago I added a short shelf safety (my favorite) and an EGW lanyard loop mainspring housing (just have a thing for those). It's been this way for a while but I think I might send it to APW to get hard chromed one day. We'll see. Until then she shoots and carries great.

And My “Birth Year” Colt LW Commander in 45

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
Really cool piece of 1920s technology there. It's pretty.

Thank you! I'm delighted you also appreciate the classics. Remarkably, I was able to share an image using a third party photo host.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Here is mine. I had the barrel replaced with a Kart.

[/URL]

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I have a similar story.

Back in the early 90s I would frequent the local gun shop in my home county. Very cool quaint little shop owned by a retired County Deputy Sheriff. His retired Dad worked there, and his English Setter always came to the store.

In the handgun case was a pre-70 series Commander in 9mm. I think it was a lightweight, not a combat. Price tag was shy of $400.

No matter how much I begged my Mom, she wouldn't get it for me, and after a year or two it disappeared.

Fast forward to about 2008 and a very close friend of mine traded me a combat commander in .45 for a Smith 25-5 even.

I still want one in 9mm though.........

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post