SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pachmayr 220 mags, are they reliable?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pachmayr 220 mags, are they reliable? Login/Join 
Uppity Helot
posted
Hello all P220 owners,

A little background :

I am now the happy owner of a former LE duty weapon P220. The pistol seems to have some carry wear but no signs of abuse or of a high round conut. It came with 3 factory 7 round magazines and sold to me just under $500.

Based on an earlier thread started by me, it seems the SF Membership states the new factory 8-round magazines are reliable as thier factory 7-round counterparts. With that vote of confidence, I have plans later this year to acquire several factory 8-rounders.

I do however like the flush-fit aspect of the 7-round magazines and see the point of trying to obtain several more if I can. Which brings me to the point of this thread, I have spotted a couple Pachmayr stamped, stainless, 7-round P-220 magazines for a fairly agreeable price. What is the SF consensus on these magazines? Are they as reliable as the Sig factory 7-rounders? Or am I better off leaving the Pachmayr mags alone?

Thanks,

Divil

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a now retired LEO, I carried the P220 for 25+ years. Had several of the Pachmayr mags in my rotation. Never had a problem with them.

Posts: 264 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of them. They work just fine.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I have owned several 7 and 8 round Pachmayr mags for the P-220.

The 7 round mags are marked made in Italy and the 8 round are marked made in America.

I was told Mec-Gar actually made the 7 round mags, not sure who made the 8 rounders.

I used my 7 rounders extensively and they ran like factory mag.

it has been years since I have seen them for sale.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive got 2 pachmyer mags, never had an issue

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies guys. If they are still around next payday, they are mine!

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post