SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 Compact 3.6"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 Compact 3.6" Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
There was one small mention of this in an NRA convention thread, but that was very easy to miss. Smith tweeked the M&P 2.0C likely for the AIWB crowd. Now available with a 3.6" barrel.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/f.../mp-9-m20-36-compact

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...ompact-carry-pistol/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, shit. Looks like I'll have to buy another M&P. Big Grin

The greater question is this the equivalent of a G26X minus the crappy FN different color finish??

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They should have made it a 3.5", so that it would fit in holsters for the M&P 1.0 Compact.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
^
That didn't turn up in a search. A mention with no links in one of the NRA Convention threads did. I figured it deserved it's own thread.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm just letting you know it was announced a week ago. Razz
Never meant to say it was a jib-jab. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock had better watch their rear. I was bored and bought a 2.0 9mm compact to go with my 2 G19’s and G26 a few months ago. For the money, S&W has really upped their game!! And now they have a 9mm pistol G19 sized frame with a G26 slide which is a gun Glock should have made.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sign Me up for one I love my 2.0 Compact

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:
Glock had better watch their rear. I was bored and bought a 2.0 9mm compact to go with my 2 G19’s and G26 a few months ago. For the money, S&W has really upped their game!! And now they have a 9mm pistol G19 sized frame with a G26 slide which is a gun Glock should have made.

Yep, that's the point of the thread I started above. Now, I'm going to buy this new S&W 3.6" Compact.

Q

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
So smith has 3 m&p compacts now and all different sizes. Maybe they should start thinking of different names.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
So smith has 3 m&p compacts now and all different sizes. Maybe they should start thinking of different names.

I was thinking the same. The "1.0" line still ships, including many of the 9C variants. We got a leftover from our orders last year in just recently. And now there are two barrel sizes in the 2.0 'Compact' class. Yup, that 'Compact' designation is getting a bit stretched out.

I'm not sure what advantage the 3.6 would offer for someone the likes of me, since I don't do appendix. The 4" would still be my preferred choice if I ever do get around to buying a 2.0.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
There probably is none. My take on this was that it was a quick, easy, cheap (for S&W) SKU addition that give them an advantage for sales to people who carry AIWB.

If they were looking for a broader market, they would have chopped the grip also, to make a double stack subcompact to replace the old 1.0 compact. However I think the appearance of the P365 complicates/obsoletes that move.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I'm not sure what advantage the 3.6 would offer for someone the likes of me, since I don't do appendix.