SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Special Editions....How Many?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Special Editions....How Many? Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I'm not opposed to those who want to put forth the effort, but I'm just not sure you appreciate how herculean an effort this will take.

Oh yeah, I know. Been following the P226 rapidly since 1988 or so. I still think it's the finest fighting pistol on Earth, period. Love the thing. So yeah, my OP was written with the understanding that it would be a full time job for someone. Too bad my job consumes so much of time, or I might try it.

BTW, here's an attempt at posting a pic of that Navy Seal 50th Annv. P226, hope this works:

Ahh, o.k., a much better picture! I've seen one variant similarly marked. I'll do some research and compare the two. Thank you!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Small amount of info here

http://www.gunsholstersandgear...-25-special-edition/

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The Diamond Plate...oh where o where is the Diamond Plate? Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Just my $00.02, but some of those have been awful. The Tribal comes to mind, as does the Platinum...not my cup of tea at all. Sig sometimes just boggles my mind, not just in terms of P226 Special Editions, but across the board. The Blue Piranha P229? Come again? A 1911 for the 5.11 company? Huh? Another 1911 as a Zombie Limited Edition? What?? A Liberty Edition P290RS? Why?

And as big of a supporter of the 2ndA as I am, the Spartan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ was just silly looking, like they were saying "You liked '300' huh!? Great!! We gotta pistol for that!!" And yeah, I know I'm gonna get absolutely flamed for this blasphemy, but that 'We The People' 1911 that's out now strikes me as just plain ugly, as ugly as a buzzard on a gut wagon. Is Sig really making that much money on these things or is it just a way to keep getting folks attention?

I remember when we were laughing at S&W in the late 80's calling them the 'Gun of the Month Club' because every week a new 3rd Gen combo came out; they were on the cover of *every* stinking gun rag, couldn't get away from them. Well, as much as I love Sig pistols (and frankly would never considers carrying anything else on a dark and stormy night), at times I have to admit Sig seems to be creeping into a 'Commemorative of the Month Club' mode, like they're the Franklin Mint of handgun makers.

I'd really like to know whose job it is to think up what gets commemorated, too. Now that must be an interesting job....

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:

I'd really like to know whose job it is to think up what gets commemorated, too. Now that must be an interesting job....

I'd vote for a Halloween special edition. The tag line could be "When something goes bump in the night" and the slide can have 'Trick or Treat' in orange.

Or, how about a Harry Potter anniversary edition? The marketing can say "This is the power Voldemort knows not" and on the slide it can have the Deathly Hallows emblem.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
I'd vote for a Halloween special edition. The tag line could be "When something goes bump in the night" and the slide can have 'Trick or Treat' in orange.

Or, how about a Harry Potter anniversary edition? The marketing can say "This is the power Voldemort knows not" and on the slide it can have the Deathly Hallows emblem.

LOL! I'd buy the Halloween Special Edition, that's hilarious!

My suggestion? Obvious as Hell....Cerakote a P227 fire engine red, laser engrave MAGA across the top of the slide by the rear sight, gold engrave "Make America Great Again!" down the sides and put "45" in gold on one side of the grips (45? P227? Get it?) and the Presidential Seal on the other. The serial numbers should read "COVFEFE #45B0082XX" or something similar....

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TexasRaider,
That would be great but it would need to come with a threaded barrel and a thread protector that said 'HPA Pending' and orange TFO or plain orange tritium sights.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
[Or, how about a Harry Potter anniversary edition? The marketing can say "This is the power Voldemort knows not" and on the slide it can have the Deathly Hallows emblem.

I know this is thread high jacking but after further consideration here are some other tag lines (because it is Monday and I need a good laugh);

P220: .45 kills the soul and not even a horcrux will protect them.
P224: For the Greater Good.
P225A1: You don't need an invisibility cloak to conceal this.
P227: Constant Vigilance and ten rounds of .45.
P228: A Marauder favorite.
P229: When you need to slay a Basilisk.
P250: Auror approved and despised by Death Eaters.
P290: for the psychotic house elf in us all.
P232: Approved by Fred and George Weasley but not by their mother.
P239: Who needs a Patronus?
P320: like the Metamorphmagus, good for any occasion.
SP2022: Carried by the Unspeakables.
M11-A1: Hagrid thinks this is a pocket pistol.
552: Cedric wishes he had been carrying this.
M400: Standard issue to all DA members.
MPX: Who needs the Unforgivables?
MPX-K: MQGA, Make Quidditch Great Again.
MCX: Why catch the snitch when you can shoot it?

All right, I'm done.

Edit: Added a few more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DrewR,

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
The Diamond Plate...oh where o where is the Diamond Plate? Razz

Shhhhhhhhh.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post