SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 compact vs P229
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 compact vs P229 Login/Join 
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I own both, never done a direct comparison though. At first blush I would say the 92 compact...

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
quote:
Originally posted by sakata8242:

If you're looking at Berettas, have you considered the PX4 full size or compact?

For some reason I like the feel of metal frame much more than polymer. Held a 92 compact yesterday. Seemed to balance a lot differently than CZ and Sigs. A little heavier at the barrel end. But might help with recoil.

It might feel nose heavy when you hold it in the store but bear in mind a magazine full of ammunition will balance it out.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a Sig man in a metal gun. Nothing wrong with a Beretta but I'm hard pressed to think of something I'm more accurate with.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92 Compact by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/181673446@N03/]

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
picked it up last week. The DA pull takes more getting used to than my Sig...It breaks much farther back. The SA is great but also breaks farther back. Overall Sig break is positioned better but Beretta feels crisper.
Go pick one up for $420 like I did.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s not quite the same, but my brother used to be issued the .40 full-size Beretta, I think it was the 96. In .gov brilliance, the also gave him 9mm ammo to practice with. So we’d go to the range and rent a P226 to burn the ammo (I only had .40 at time). If you look at the spec sheets, the Beretta and the P226 are almost exactly the same size. But to me, the Beretta just felt bulkier somehow. Maybe it was the way it looks, I dunno. I just remember it being bigger than it needed to be but then checking the specs later and being surprised that my impressions were false.

I do think that SIG had the better trigger from the factory.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
A friend traded me a Berretta 92 compact.... and I've used a P229 several times in force on force classes.... I have not shot or carried the Berretta but I have to say I did not realize it was the compact version until I got it home and looked closer.... I thought it was full size.

I vote for the p229 only because it never failed me in the force on force classes.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post