SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New HK 45 shooting way low....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New HK 45 shooting way low.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I get the same result with my HK45, HK45CT, and VP9. I attribute it to their 25 yard "combat" sight picture. I don't care for it, but don't shoot the guns enough to replace the sights.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I have the the same problem with HK because it does use combat sight picture. If you want to go to a lower front sight I save this post from Flagman on another forum.

"For those of you who own a VP9 (and other HK Pistols too), here's some quick front sight adjustment information.

Different types of ammunition can vary your POI (Point of Impact) and may require an elevation and or windage adjustment.

Changing the VP9 front sight by 0.2mm (0.007874") will change the POI by 4cm (1.57") at a target range of 25m (27.34 yd / 82 ft).

If the POI is too "high", install a taller front sight.

If the POI is too "low", install a shorter front sight.

VP9, P Series, HK45 Sights Assembly Part Numbers:

5.9mm 227711
6.1mm 234327
6.3mm 234328 (Standard)
6.5mm 234329
6.7mm 234386
6.9mm 234387

Note: The height of the front sight is engraved on the underside of the sight assembly."

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jelly---THANK YOU. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Any sane person should be instinctively skeptical when all the smart people agree. Mark Steyn

Posts: 165 | Location: WNC | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roymor:
Jelly---THANK YOU. That is exactly what I was looking for.

You're welcome

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not take the time to read all responses, but this reminds me of when my brother got a new Springfield 1911. Shot just the way yours does.
Sent it back to them and they sent it back after shaving the front sight a little. Shot great after that.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post