SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    thoughts on WC Beretta Vertec Centurian
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

thoughts on WC Beretta Vertec Centurian Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I have the WC Brig Tac and it's a great shooter. I also have a 92 INOX Vertec with the WC action tune.

Then new vertec Centurian is calling to me... But I don't really need it with the other two Berettas I have. Does the half inch shorter slide make much of a difference? I doubt I would carry it. But I love my Berettas so much and this just keeps calling to me but I don't know why. I was going to go for an M9A3 but now this comes along.

Is the Centurian worth the $$

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I'd buy an LTT Elite w/ tune for the same money.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Beretta’s can sing a sirens artful song no doubt! That WC Vertec is sweet. The LTT elite is a better shooter & value. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
As hokey as this may sound.......

I believe we are all on a journey through firearms land. We buy, sell, and trade stuff like women love shoes. But, the experience gives us the ability to speak with a certain amount of intelligence based on experience about a wide range of guns. Do we need 37 pistols? Likely not, but the experience is the golden part.

I'd go with the Centurion because it is different than what you've had in the past.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I believe we are all on a journey through firearms land. We buy, sell, and trade stuff like women love shoes. But, the experience gives us the ability to speak with a certain amount of intelligence based on experience about a wide range of guns. Do we need 37 pistols? Likely not, but the experience is the golden part.

Well-said, Sir.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I'd go with the Centurion because it is different than what you've had in the past.

In laymen's terms, everyone likes to have a little 'strange' sometimes. Wink

OP - Do it. DO IT NOW! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
IMHO - yes - it’s worth the money.
My main carry pistol is a WC Centurion Tactical.(Not a fan of the Vertec grip, mainly because the bottom edges of the grip dig into my palm, but that’s just me.)

I absolutely love the pistol. The slightly shorter slide & barrel not only makes it more comfortable to carry IWB, but also perfectly balances the gun. Not to mention all the extra bells and whistles are just what you’d want in a carry gun. (And it makes a damn fine competition gun too Wink )

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really pleased with the resurgence of the 92 in the last few years. When I started buying and carrying guns in my early law enforcement career (2003-2006), it seemed like the 92 had a bad rap. Mostly from cops that couldn't shoot them and military people indoctrinated to believe they were junk (although many were enlisted types that never shot or carried them). The last couple years have been great for the line. Between Beretta innovating a little (M9A1, 92A1, M9A3, Compact with rail, G conversion) while still embracing the history of the guns (Vertec frame in M9A3, imox and no rail guns still out there) and outfits like Wilson and LTT offering interesting, feature-rich variants, this is probably the golden era of the platform.

I say get the Wilson. Or an LTT. Or both...

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My thoughts..... I have three.

-I agree with JJones

-and I wish you would stop speaking of this. I have been telling myself I have no need or desire for another archaic, obsolescent, too big, too heavy, too expensive gun.

-and and ...... I really want one too Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned both the Wilson and Langdon Tactical. Both great pistols. I ended up with the Langdon only because I just liked how it looked better than the Wilson. If shot side by side i think you would have a tough time determing that one shot better than the other.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want the vertical/brigadier model. We shall see.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post