SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    What .22lr match ammo do you suggest?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What .22lr match ammo do you suggest? Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
LOTS of .22lr on Midway USA is currently available including:

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...low-point-box-of-300

Suggesting CCI mini mags in a thread asking for match ammo options.....there's a first for everything.

Big Grin

(I was going to link to all the Norma and other match .22lr there but figured someone could figure it out.)

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.

Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.

Posts: 7235 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Been looking around locally and I can get:

Federal HV Match - $55 brick
Norma TacMatch - $55 brick
SK Rifle Match - $80 brick
SK Standard - $70

I am presuming the SK I am guessing for $15 and $25 a brick more I am not going to see much of a difference.

--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Posts: 16794 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Federal HV Match is likely Federal 719 -- it's OK for a few shots here and there, but has its share of flyers. It's not match ammo.

Norma TacMatch -- Haven't shot it. The Norma Match is good stuff, and will be better than the TacMatch. I suspect the Norma TacMatch will shoot more accurately than Federal HV.

Both SKs are a definite step up from Federal HV, and likely above Norma TacMatch. In just about any rifle on the market, SK will shoot noticeably more accurately than the others, especially as distances beyond 50 yards. Of course, your target results depend on your skill levels.

In all honesty, I cannot fathom purchasing brick-level or greater at local stores. Internet is the way. Look as SGA Ammo. Geco Match and SK standard are both $60 per brick, Eley Target is $67 per brick.

Posts: 4427 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
The January Guns & Ammo has a fairly extensive test of match ammo. The condensed version is that Wolf match won.

Picked up the issue today and was a little disappointed that they only tested to 25 yards then made presumptions using the chrono and other factors to estimate possible accuracy out to 100 yards.
They were worried about wind gusts. I find it odd one of the largest and best know firearms magazine could not source a 100 yard indoor range to facilitate their testing.

quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
In all honesty, I cannot fathom purchasing brick-level or greater at local stores. Internet is the way. Look as SGA Ammo. Geco Match and SK standard are both $60 per brick, Eley Target is $67 per brick.

Add in shipping and local price is about the same. Unless I was buying quite a few bricks. Sadly the funds don't allow for it at the moment.

--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Posts: 16794 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When comparing LGS to web prices, consider both sales taxes and transportation costs.

If you don't live in the same state as the web seller, you won't pay sales taxes. Unless you live in the handful of states without sales taxes, you will pay on local purchases.

Unless your LGS is on your way to work or the grocery store, then local transportation costs should be considered. Think maybe $.50 per mile, more or less depending on your vehicle.

Posts: 4427 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
The January Guns & Ammo has a fairly extensive test of match ammo. The condensed version is that Wolf match won.

Wolf is very very good. BUT, .22 LRs can be very finnicky with what they group best with and every individual rifle is different. You really have to buy 4-5 different top brands and shoot some groups from a bench to find out which one your gun likes.

Posts: 12829 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post