SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    UNDERPOWERED AMMUNTION

Moderators: LDD, parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
UNDERPOWERED AMMUNTION Login/Join 
posted
I bought a case of Fiocchi 9mm 115 grain FMJ some time back and it was clearly underpowered. It had problems cycling my Sig P226, and had considerably less recoil on some of the rounds. All of my other ammunition never had a problem with this firearm. Do I have any recourse with the manufacturer? Thanks

Posts: 1795 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past I have had problems with wrinkled brass, upside down primers and bullets set back.
Various makers. In all cases, I called the manufacturer or distributor and the box of ammo was replaced. No hassle.
Should work with Fiocchi too. Try it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 5147 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do you automatically assume it's the ammo? Can't be the Sig, right? Have you tried shooting the ammo in other pistols? If it fails to work in every pistol you try it in then it's probably the ammo. If it functions in any other pistol you try it in then you know it's your Sig.

BTW, it's not Fiocchi's problem if you buy a case of their ammo without testing a box or two before buying in bulk, is it? You just chose...poorly. Live and learn.

Posts: 258 | Registered: December 08, 2009Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I've had nothing but bad luck with Fiocchi. Cheap stuff IMO, I learned the hard way.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 4057 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Chronograph readings would probably lend some credibility to your argument.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 872 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Report This Post