Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
38 Gold Dot Login/Join 
posted
I have looked high and low for 38 special 135 gr. Gold Dot +p for short barrel ammo. I have only a few rounds, but it is quite old, and I would like to add some new carry ammo for my snubby.
Seems like Speer no longer makes this. Can anyone varify this?

Posts: 52 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Report This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
cant comment on continuity, but if it is made, and even if it was just recently discontinued, SGAmmo probably has some.

I've always run gold dots in my 45s and now am switching back to them in my 9s. When I had a 38, I used Winchester super-X +P PJHPs.

Posts: 9933 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12102 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They haven't been discontinued, but they're produced in cycles, I believe every 3-4 months. Best bet would be to sign up for e-mail updates with online sellers, like SGAmmo (which had them in stock last month, btw).

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 716 | Registered: February 26, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm having the same issue. Thanks for the info guys.

Posts: 201 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: November 06, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like federal's standard pressure nyclad out of a sub 3 inch gun.

Posts: 3226 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I did order a couple of boxes from Palmetto Armory after I went onto the Speer website and read the 850 muzzle velocity is derived from a 2" vented barrel. No indication there on titled short barrel ammo.

Posts: 52 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When Speer had ads for this ammo they stated that it was specially designed for the 2 inch .38 special snub. Tests have shown this is one of the best loads available for that firearm.

Posts: 1042 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My money is on Federal's new .38spl 130gr HST:
http://www.range365.com/federa...ammo-coming-to-range

Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
When Speer had ads for this ammo they stated that it was specially designed for the 2 inch .38 special snub. Tests have shown this is one of the best loads available for that firearm.

+1. This stuff is the way to go for .38 +P in a snub. I've been carrying it exclusively for the last ~10 years (or however long it's been out).

Posts: 229 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Report This Post