SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Winchester PDX1 Defender, 12 ga. - questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester PDX1 Defender, 12 ga. - questions Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted
Several years ago my local ammo shop went out of business and the bank had an auction to disperse the inventory. I picked up a case of 12 ga. Winchester PDX1 Defender ammunition. I forgot about it until a few weeks ago. I've read varying opinions about it online.

Does anyone have experience with this ammo? I've never patterned it, should I? In the close range of a SHTF situation how important is it to know the pattern? Thanks in advance for feedback, opinions.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you can afford to send a few to get an idea of how they pattern, so I recommend that you do that.

From what I've seen/read they should work just dandy at hallway distances. I mean, it's a slug and three big pellets. There's a punchline in there somewhere, but I wouldn't want to be in the way of any of it.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Sounds like you can afford to send a few to get an idea of how they pattern, so I recommend that you do that.

After I posted I decided I am going to do just that this weekend. Smile

-----------------------

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
i have a few boxes lying around. I'd like to see your results as well! I've never actually shot any of it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I have one box as well, given to me a few years ago. I just pulled it out and looked at it the other day. I too am curious to see a range report.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good video here I'm sure yall have seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg44jDOL8jo

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
No report yet; I've not been out. Thanks for sharing that video.

-----------------------

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I don't use any PDX1 in 12 ga but I do use it in my revolvers (38/357).
I like it but no real definitive personal test (how do you really know until it is time to use it in self defense? Eek).
Sorry, I know this post is not much help but I got it based on some reviews.

Posts: 22843 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Found a couples boxes on a recent ammo dive.

Remember when I bought it the dealer mentioned the local Amish liked it for hunting.

I put it on my go to pile but still carrier fed low recoil with black magic slugs on the side saddle

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post