SIGforum
Winchester PDX1 Defender, 12 ga. - questions

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410601935/m/9240050864

March 25, 2020, 06:44 PM
chbibc
Winchester PDX1 Defender, 12 ga. - questions
Several years ago my local ammo shop went out of business and the bank had an auction to disperse the inventory. I picked up a case of 12 ga. Winchester PDX1 Defender ammunition. I forgot about it until a few weeks ago. I've read varying opinions about it online.

Does anyone have experience with this ammo? I've never patterned it, should I? In the close range of a SHTF situation how important is it to know the pattern? Thanks in advance for feedback, opinions.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
March 26, 2020, 10:42 AM
apprentice
Sounds like you can afford to send a few to get an idea of how they pattern, so I recommend that you do that.

From what I've seen/read they should work just dandy at hallway distances. I mean, it's a slug and three big pellets. There's a punchline in there somewhere, but I wouldn't want to be in the way of any of it.
March 26, 2020, 05:26 PM
chbibc
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Sounds like you can afford to send a few to get an idea of how they pattern, so I recommend that you do that.

After I posted I decided I am going to do just that this weekend. Smile

-----------------------
March 28, 2020, 10:59 PM
PorterN
i have a few boxes lying around. I'd like to see your results as well! I've never actually shot any of it.

March 30, 2020, 09:30 AM
wxdave
I have one box as well, given to me a few years ago. I just pulled it out and looked at it the other day. I too am curious to see a range report.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God
March 30, 2020, 12:32 PM
Sig209
good video here I'm sure yall have seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg44jDOL8jo

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
March 30, 2020, 04:55 PM
chbibc
No report yet; I've not been out. Thanks for sharing that video.

-----------------------
April 03, 2020, 11:40 AM
smschulz
I don't use any PDX1 in 12 ga but I do use it in my revolvers (38/357).
I like it but no real definitive personal test (how do you really know until it is time to use it in self defense? Eek).
Sorry, I know this post is not much help but I got it based on some reviews.
April 07, 2020, 09:02 PM
dewhorse
Found a couples boxes on a recent ammo dive.

Remember when I bought it the dealer mentioned the local Amish liked it for hunting.

I put it on my go to pile but still carrier fed low recoil with black magic slugs on the side saddle