SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo Demand
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo Demand Login/Join 
Picture of 808
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgvoJKovIg

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That was interesting and informative, thanks for posting it.

He sounded like you'd expect, under stress but doing his best to pump out as much as his factory can make.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Seems like a stand up guy. I think its pathetic that he is getting death threats. Hope this sets people straight from all the conspiracy theories!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting.

Throughout the middle of 2020, I just could not find Federal GMM 223 ammo in any reasonable quantities. FGMM 69 is the one ammo that shoots accurately across all my uppers. It's my precision training ammo and my inventory was getting pretty low. I tried a bunch of other brands, but struggled to find a reasonable replacement. In the last month I've seen FGMM 69 and 77 back in stock -- at least for a little while, and sometimes at fairly reasonable prices. My FGMM 69 inventory is now back up to snuff.

Federal's video won't loosen up any tin foil hats, however it will be appreciated by those with their feet on the ground.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, and it's good to see they're also still making 357 SIG. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting.

Now I know why it is so hard finding SPP

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I don't get it. If the situation is as described, then wouldn't stores be getting this ammo in stock and having it sell out immediately? The stores I'm talking to say they are not getting any shipments. They haven't had ammo in stock for a very long time. Nothing ever shows up to sell out of. I have alerts set up on Target Sports and have not received any notifications for regular stuff. Occasionally some hollow point or other specific ammo type shows up but I can't afford to blow through $.60 a round for regular practice.

I also would think that all the 7 million new gun owners aren't hitting the range regularly. I'd bet the panic buying gun owners shot once or twice, locked up the gun and haven't done anymore. One would think the shelves would start to be stocked again by now, no? Am I way off base?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up 200 rds of Fiocchi 115 gr fmj 9mm at Scheels Wednesday. Limit 2 boxes so my wife and I each grabbed 2 as the shelf was being stocked, $14 per box of 50.

Walked back a few minutes later and it was all gone.

I drive a lot for work in Collin county (North of Dallas) so I often make quick stops at Scheels and Academy to see what they have at decent prices. I have picked up 600 rds of 5.56, 200 of 223, 1000 9mm, 100 270 Win and 100 308Win, 400 7.62X51, 200 12 ga slugs and 200 12 ga buckshot. All has been Winchester, Federal, and Fiocchi.

I would like to feel some 380acp and 45-70 govt at decent prices.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I don't get it. If the situation is as described, then wouldn't stores be getting this ammo in stock and having it sell out immediately? The stores I'm talking to say they are not getting any shipments. They haven't had ammo in stock for a very long time. Nothing ever shows up to sell out of. I have alerts set up on Target Sports and have not received any notifications for regular stuff. Occasionally some hollow point or other specific ammo type shows up but I can't afford to blow through $.60 a round for regular practice.

I also would think that all the 7 million new gun owners aren't hitting the range regularly. I'd bet the panic buying gun owners shot once or twice, locked up the gun and haven't done anymore. One would think the shelves would start to be stocked again by now, no? Am I way off base?

The various panic/shortage cycles during the Obama years should give you history to reflect upon. Retail prices, inventory levels, product availability, distribution systems, raw materials costs -- they all get wonky for many months at at time. From what I recall, FMJ and training ammo/components are the items which show the worst price swings. Quality ammo/components do show outrageous prices from certain distributors. A few distributors tend to sell the good stuff at more reasonable prices during these cycles, but their inventory sells out quickly.

I have continued to purchase Federal and Hornady rifle ammo in 2020, often at prices just a little higher than what I paid in 2019. It takes patience and constant web searches. I don't even consider purchasing from local stores.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post