SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Aguila .38 Super ammo.

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aguila .38 Super ammo. Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Does anyone have any experience with Aguila .38 super ammo?

It is bargain priced for sure. Not looking for SD rounds, but rather range ammo.

Thank you.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 33520 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
For factory, I've run American Eagle, Geco, and Wilson Combat ammo through my super.

I'm reloading mostly, but I always like to know what the quality of factory loadings are.

http://sgammo.com/product/geco...mo-made-hungary-geco

http://sgammo.com/product/fede...american-eagle-ammo-

In october, wilson was running a 20% off ammunition deal, so I purchased a 500 pack:

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/38...U%2D125%2DHAP%2DBLK/

NO direct experience with Aguila, other than having heard anecdotal stories that it can be hit or miss. But they've recently undergone a QC overhaul from my understanding.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 10059 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the links.

The Wilson ammunition has my interest.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 33520 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Thank you for the links.

The Wilson ammunition has my interest.

It is deadly accurate and still fairly peppy.

The HAP/XTP family are notoriously accurate bullets.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jjkroll32,

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 10059 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Does anyone have any experience with Aguila .38 super ammo?

Yes, I chronoed it in 2009 averaging 1255 fps from a 5" 1911 at 65 degrees. It was the fastest of any factory 130 grain fmj that I tested that day.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1297 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have run several hundred rounds of Aguilla 38 Super thru my P220 without issue.

Posts: 1476 | Location: Escaped Upstate NY for Texas | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post