SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    8" MPX "Duty" Ammo Opinions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

8" MPX "Duty" Ammo Opinions? Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted
Hello, hivemind! I've done some googling and hunted around a bit, but I know there are some pistol/submachine gun devotees on here.

What do we think about defensive ammo out of an 8" barrel? I know from ballistics-by-the-inch that the difference in FPS isn't extreme, but I know this is a factor in how hollow points perform.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I was using 147gr Winchester Ranger T out of my MPX with 8” barrel with no issues. I had the barrel cut down to 4” and suppressed it. Still no issues with the ammo. If I ever get back to the country I will try shooting the same ammo into a drum of water and see how it expands.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
I've used 147 grain Ranger, HST and WWB out of an MP5. No problems at all.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 617 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post