SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    .30 Carbine Ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.30 Carbine Ammo Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I am thinking of acquiring some additional carbine ammo. What is considered the best bang for the buck these days?

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Prvi Partizan. You can usually find it for $17-$18 per 50.

For example: https://www.aimsurplus.com/pro...roupid=7661&fprdct=1

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may also want to look at the CMP as well. They carry cases of Aguila brand 30 Carbine ammo. Decent plinking ammo and the brass reloads nice.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Prvi Partizan. You can usually find it for $17-$18 per 50.

For example: https://www.aimsurplus.com/pro...roupid=7661&fprdct=1

terrific price. Might want to check SGammo as well as they have a similar case price (a little higher by the box) and was a little less when considering shipped/delivered price.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a really good price. I've got about 3k rounds and swore I would not get any...

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I am thinking of acquiring some additional carbine ammo. What is considered the best bang for the buck these days?

I bought several boxes of ARMSCOR from an online vendor awhile back. I think it was around $16 a box of 50 for brass cased, FMJ lead core.

At just under 2,000 fps, there is not much one needs to "do" to a .30 Carbine bullet to get explosive results. Garden variety JSP ammo with blow out joints.

Try "ammoseek.com" for excellent online deals.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hansgruber,

Posts: 30 | Registered: July 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over a year later......SGAmmo has Fiocchi for $15 per box of 50 if you buy 1,000 rounds.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Ditto the Prvi from AIM. Been getting that ammo since I got my carbine from CMP like 11 years ago. Never had a single problem with it, either FMJ or SP.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Yep, shot a lot of the Prvi Partizan with no issues.

If you can get up to Camp Perry during the National Matches there are vendors there who sell bulk 30 cal ammo. Last time I was there there was an older gentleman selling 30 carbine ammo in ammo boxes at a great price.

(Don't recall exact price but it was significantly lower than most).
One tip- if you can go shopping the last day most vendors will give you a better deal to avoid having to pack things back up.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post