SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    dirtiest ammo ever
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dirtiest ammo ever Login/Join 
posted
Anyone notice that blaser seems to have gotten even dirtier that usual ?

I used to shoot blaser ammo a lot few years back but then started shooting speer lawman almost exclusively as range ammo, which I have found to be extremely consistent.
I got a great deal on a case of blaser 45acp the other day an shot a few hundred rounds of it.
It has to be the dirtiest ammo I have ever shot by a longshot. After shooting 150 rounds my gun was filthy both inside AND outside. I was hooting an all stinless 1911 so the dirt was ver easy to see but Ive never seen any of my guns get near that dirty after a few hundred rounds.
Have the opportunity to get another case cheap but I think im going to pass base on the last case.
Just wondering if that is normal for blaser these days or what.

Posts: 80 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Dirtiest Ammo EVER??? In my opinion that title has long been held by Remington UMC!

In order to declare a new title holder, you'll need to perform a thorough scientific comparison, and once completed, provide a detailed Range Report to the forum for consideration... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blazer Brass is the only target ammo that goes bang every time, for me.

Never noticed being any "dirtier" than anything else.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the last couple of months I shot 9mm Blazer aluminum and Blazer brass in three pistols. The goal has been to see which pistol I perform best with -- from holster to multiple steel targets -- not really an evaluation of ammo. The pistols were a Glock, a Sig, and an all-stainless steel 1911. I cleaned the pistols in their normal manner, within a day two of each outing.

I did not feel that there was excessive carbon fouling an any pistol, especially in the stainless 1911. The Blazer ammo is relatively new, as I purchased it in separate transactions earlier in the year.

IMO there is much dirtier ammo than Blazer.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
As noted above, I don't think I've ever seen anything as bad as UMC, hands down the worst, and I've shot a lot of blazer.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
You'd have to look really hard to find a dirtier ammo than some Ultramax "remanufactured" (i.e., reloaded) .38 Special LRN I shot once. The smoke rivaled that of black powder and it covered my revolver and hand in gray soot. Runner-up is Wolf from the early 2000s (the last time I shot any). The residue wasn't that bad, but it smelled much like burning hair. I also recall UMC .223 smelling like ammonia. Confused

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was just going to say that the Wolf steel case in 45 acp is nearly black powder. Haven't shot any lately, but still have about a 50 can full. I save that sort of thing for use on indoor ranges where they keep all the cases.

Posts: 1638 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Have to say Remington UMC has consistently been some of the dirtiest I have shot. So much so I never buy it anymore.

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Green box Remington and old Wolf were always the worst in my opinion.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
Have to say Remington UMC has consistently been some of the dirtiest I have shot. So much so I never buy it anymore.

Yup !

I have a box that has just sat for the last few years. Thanks for the reminder. Next longer range session it will get used up.

Have not shot Blazer for awhile, it was always GTG for me. Maybe they changed powders or ran short and just substituted ?

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got back out to the range again today with the all stainless 1911.
The gun was spotless before today.
I shot 200 rounds of blaser 45 acp and again the gun was filthy afterwards.
I mean really really dirty.
What gets me is that I am seeing more on the outside of the gun that I ever remember seeing on any of my stainless guns even after shooting many more than 200 rounds through them.

Maybe it is just a bad batch but once this case is done ill be going back to speer for my future 45 range ammo.

Posts: 80 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Are you shooting Blazer Aluminum or Brass?

I always found the aluminum cased to be a bit dirtier (but not the worst by a long shot) than the brass cased.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magtech 9mm. A ton of unburnt powder every where.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
You'd have to look really hard to find a dirtier ammo than some Ultramax "remanufactured" (i.e., reloaded) .38 Special LRN I shot once. The smoke rivaled that of black powder and it covered my revolver and hand in gray soot. Runner-up is Wolf from the early 2000s (the last time I shot any). The residue wasn't that bad, but it smelled much like burning hair. I also recall UMC .223 smelling like ammonia. Confused

Yeah, Ultramax was something. I shot a LOT of their 9mm when it was $89/1000. It was very dirty, and I think the fumes gave me super powers.

I haven't shot their stuff in years, and in looking, it appears that they are still in business.

https://www.ultramaxammunition.com/home.html

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Ultramax

^^^^^^ THIS! +1,000!

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I never found Blazer to be particularly dirty.

Wolf .223 used to be pretty dirty, but it still shot pretty good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Ultramax factroy reloads featuring lead bullets seems to be the winner in my book.

Of course some of my handloads are on par with the Ultramax as far as dirt is concerned. Frown

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I shoot Blazer Brass 9mm 115 FMJ for range/practice ammo. I shoot quite a bit of it and don't find it to be very dirty.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Wolf steel cased, Ultramax, and anything cycled through an HK with locking rollers. Big Grin

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as it works who cares how dirty it is?
You want to see dirty shoot 100 rounds of black powder loaded 45 colt

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post