SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Armscor ammo any reviews
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armscor ammo any reviews Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have any thoughts or reviews from using Armscor ammo.

Posts: 185 | Registered: August 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Used their .38 Super FMJ and their .22 Magnum in years past, without any surprises. I think it's about the same level of quality as Winchester White Box/Remington UMC.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Never had any issues.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I have only used the 125 grain .38 Super. I tested it in a 38 Super pistol with 5" barrel known to be accurate with other types of factory and reloaded ammo. Shooting carefully from the bench, the Armscor ammo was the least accurate ammo I've used in the gun. Velocity was unimpressive IMHO. Chronographed velocity was only 1130 FPS. I haven't tested any of the other Armscor products, and I know it's just a sample size of one, but that was my experience with Armscor ammo.....ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Works great in just about everything I've ran them through. No problems to speak of. Brass is good enough to reload too...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I buy .38 Super ammo from Armscor by the case and I love it. Cycles great and very accurate... price is unbeatable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GroundedCLK,

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I've used their .45 ACP ammunition in the past. The only thing I noticed at that time was their lead bullet seemed softer. They all fired OK and had reasonable accuracy.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have used some of their 10mm. It seemed a bit hotter than offerings from PPU and Blazer

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Although limited, a box of .380 ACP had no issues.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of boxes of .38 Super 125 gr earlier this year when I got my new Pointman 38 to initially break it in. Worked fine, have since moved on to reloads.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Had a kaboom in my FAL using Armscor 308. Arguable if it was the cause (most likely was), but I'll never buy it in that caliber again. Probably any other caliber if there's other options.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used their 10mm, 9mm, 40,45,357 mag over the years. It has been reasonable stuff, up until this weekend. I had picked up some 45lc. About 1/3rd would not seat fully into the cylinder because of skewed bullet seating. Another 1/3rd had oddly thick rims and they would hold the cylinder up on rotation. The gun was my new to me freedom arms model 83, i had just cleaned it. I ran a crap ton of other brands through it with no isssues.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Their .22LR was towards the top of the list of twenty some "match" ammo in the recent guns and ammo magazine.
I have yet to test it out but plan to.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
They seem to err on the hotter side.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Choatecav
posted Hide Post
I just bought 500 rounds of 10mm at a gun show, for a great price. I hope my Glock 20 will eat it ok. Will report on results.

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I heard somewhere (probably here) that the Armscor 38 Super ammo is loaded to 38 Auto levels, and my own experience with it makes me believe that.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used some of their 10mm. No issues, seemed loaded light compared with Underwood.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Wonder if OP ever got some Armscor ammo? He seems to have disappeared.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only Armscor ammo I have shot was .22 TCM from a friend's pistol and it worked fine.

A week ago at a local range a fellow was shooting an M&P15 Sport AR with Armscor .223 Remington ammo. Every other round jammed and the ejected cartridges showed ugly dents on the cases. When he switched to American Eagle 55 grain the carbine functioned perfectly.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
.22,30 carbine and 10MM with no problems.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post