SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    OMG, Can't Believe This Price.
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
OMG, Can't Believe This Price. Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I just saw adds for 9mm for $650 per case and they are sold out!!!!!!!

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Subject line

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I apologize.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
agreed- its nuts. On a whim I bought some 9mm HP in Nov and March. Almost out of range ammo and I'm eyeing up the HP stuff to shoot at the range. I've seen dealers paying $500/case to flip in the store.

Posts: 295 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: January 03, 2013Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
It’s crazy for sure. Having a crappy weather day up at the lake today so I decided to drive to a small town half hour away to eat lunch at a very good country diner. When heading back there was a sign pointing down a side road that said live bait. Reminded me I needed night crawlers so I took the side road and it was a little country store that sold guns and ammo too.

Not much in stock but he had some Aguila .22lr at $2.55 a box of 50. He’d only let me buy two. As I was buying my crawlers He said you look like a nice guy take two more boxes of that .22 if you want. I love small town America.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:

I have seen it higher and STILL sells out in less than 15 minutes.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Report This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Wow. Just keep on searching if you need something specific. There are some decent prices still out there - not great - but decent.

I was able to find some Creedmoor 9mm 147 GR FMJ for $ 121 / 240 rds shipped.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I just ran across 200 SRP (Wolf) at a local dealer...all he had in stock for $4 per hundred Frown...it’s getting pretty bad out there!... I gifted my future son in law some 9MM to have on hand and told him that I’m flush on .22 LR if he or his family needs any.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
$40 a box for Federal white box today at a LGS so that's $800 per/k

They did have a 20 ga 870 youth model that I thought twice about grabbing

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Brad, that Remington makes a great self defense gun. A doctor I know, who is new to guns picked one of those up and is pleased with it. They are just the right size for smaller folks and ladies also.

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I'll see your shock and raise your awe:

45 Auto Winchester Black Talon Deep Penetrator 230 gr SXT 20 Rnds *Collectors* M-ID: 545A UPC: 020892205048
AS LOW AS PRICE: $149.95 Eek

https://alamoammo.com/pistol-a...aign=export_feed#xml

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
But that's nothing new... People have been trying to sell Black Talons at ridiculously huge markups for decades.

"Banned by the government because they'll go through a bulletproof vest like a hot knife through butter!!!!!!! Last chance to get some!!!!1"

Roll Eyes

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
But that's nothing new...

Exactly. Pricing on something like Black Talon has no bearing on the price of normal ammunition.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
But that's nothing new...

Exactly. Pricing on something like Black Talon has no bearing on the price of normal ammunition.

Just adding some levity--that entire site is obscene for ammo pricing.............P.T. Barnum would be proud

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Many online sites list ammo "on sale" and similar verbosity at low prices- but they never have any for sale...

Two of the only local sports/firearm stores that I've encountered so far that haven't elevated ammunition prices are... Dunham's & Rural King gun departments.
9mm ammo at Dunham's (when you can get it) is still in the $13.99 range around here for 50 rounds- Blazer or Federal brass-cased.
Other local stores have the same 9mm 50 round box as high as $49 bucks.
556 and 223 in those has gone up but not at gouging prices.

Beware- Field & Stream has plenty of 9mm here in Cranberry PA for sale. But it's that non-lead "SinterFire" monstrosity going for $34.99 for 50 rounds.
This is the CA/lib-driven ammunition.
If CA has it's way all lead-based ammunition would be unlawful and banned.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rinehart,

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Check your local hardware and farm stores too.

Most of the sporting goods and gun stores around here are fairly well cleaned out, but the lesser known farm supply stores and hardware stores that sell guns/ammo still have a fair amount of ammo on their shelves.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
We had a Mills Fleet Farm open nearby, they mailed out 2 $10 off $50 coupons to pretty much each household. AMMO WASN'T EXCLUDED. I went there on their 2nd or so day of their grand opening, of course all handgun ammo except 10mm and .44 Magnum was gone and all 5.56/.233 ammo was gone, but they had most else at normal prices. They had 2 boxes per caliber per customer limit. I am pretty set, but capitalized on Federal's Fusion rebate and picked up some .308 hunting ammo because I use a BAR MkII .308 for my Missouri deer rifle...and it shoots out a M1A and .308 M1 Garand fine...for 50 cents/rd after coupon and rebate. I scored my brother's coupons since he was going to throw them out, mixed in some of the Fusion .44 Mag ammo as well, I think it was around 60 cents/rd after coupon. I might take my S&W 629 for Missouri's alternate methods deer season this year.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Report This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I cannot believe the price on 9mm! It is actually easier to find and shoot ammo for my “boutique” caliber guns!

I will of course verify this before I start taking the Desert Eagle or FK Brno to the range a lot.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Price not gonna change until around July 2021 ONLY if the orange man gets re-elected.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
At that price if anyone wants a couple of cases let me know. Wink

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Report This Post