SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Perfecta brand ammo

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Perfecta brand ammo Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
I've had a chance to evaluate some in 9mm Luger and .380 (respectively, in a CZ P-07 and Ruger LCP). Wal-Mart sells 9mm for $9.97 and, recently, .380 for $12.97, a substantial savings. The 9mm is nothing to write home about. It did what it was supposed to, i.e., go bang, make holes reasonably close together and not jam up my gun. The .380 is a different story. No function problems, but it seems to be loaded quite hot, delivering much more sting to my hand and considerable muzzle flash. For that price you might expect steel case, but it is brass, and to be made in Russia or a former Yugoslavia country, but it is made in Italy. Member 45Cal has said the brass is poor quality for reloading, but I don't anyway.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I first noticed Perfecta at Walmart when I was doing my AR build, and was beginning to look at stocking up. Did a quick Internet search on their .223 stuff, there in the store, saw mostly positive remarks. Bought a couple hundred rounds. *shrug* I seems to do what it's supposed to do.

That was what I was shooting on the two or three failures to lock back after the last round, but, it only happened those two or three times, they were only the 2nd through 3rd or 4th mags (five round shot strings) and it never happened again. I attributed it do break-in.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perfecta

Finding 40 cal available and affordable and have reloaded 5 times - No issues.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have shot quite a bit of the 9mm great practice ammo.

Also shot a small amount of the .308 in the brown box not the black. It does just fine as well.
I believe it is Fiocchi ammo.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
It's distributed by TulAmmo, so I believe this replaced TulAmmo's BrassMaxx line of a few years back. Still made in Italy (like BrasMaxx was), and I'd heard that it's made by Fiocchi, as well.

Good ammo, but I've also heard the reloading problems, too.

Yesterday, I bought some Perfecta 357 mag and 38 spc for $16.97 and $14.97, respectively. Winchester and Federal both want near double that.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Report This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The 9 mm brass loads fine. I have a bout 4-5 reloads on some of it. It shot fine when it was new. The 45 I had seemed a little inconsistent with recoil. Some felt hot, some felt soft. All out of the same box. No issues with function, just noticably inconsistent recoil.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I've shot a lot of Perfecta 9mm and 45ACP. It seemed fine, but one thing we noticed it was "flashier", and sparked more than any of the other stuff we shot. I have no problems with it and buy it when I hit Walmart and it's on sale.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Was just about to pick up a box of 230 gr. FMJ WWB .45 ACP at Walmart, yesterday, when the clerk mentioned "This is our least-expensive .45 ACP" and pointed to some 50-round boxes of 230 gr. Perfecta. I'd had decent results with .223 Perfecta in my AR, so, at better than 7¢/rnd. less than the WWB, figured I'd give it a try.

I'll let y'all know.

Update:

Ran a box of 50 through my new Sig P320 Full-size. Ran fine. Even got a ±1.5" group at ±7 yards out of it.

Pistol wasn't overly dirty, afterwards.

I'd buy it again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that Perfecta .45 using SPP?

Ever since buying a couple boxes of Federal Champion only to realize it was SPP I've been paranoid.

All in all I don't really mind, it's just that it throws a wrench in my reloading habits. It sucks having to sort that stuff out so I try to stick to the ol' traditional LPP .45.

"Life is growth. If we stop growing either technically or spiritually we're as good as dead." - Morihei Ueshiba

Posts: 6 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 02, 2017Report This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I have shot hundreds of rounds of 9mm, and it quite good, I had zero problems, and was accurate.
I have been told it is made by Fiocci as others have already said. At my local Wally World, when it's in stock, it's $9.97 a box of 50.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luke H.:
Is that Perfecta .45 using SPP?

Ever since buying a couple boxes of Federal Champion only to realize it was SPP I've been paranoid.

All in all I don't really mind, it's just that it throws a wrench in my reloading habits. It sucks having to sort that stuff out so I try to stick to the ol' traditional LPP .45.

I bought two 50 round boxes of Perfecta .45 Auto at Walmart yesterday. They have large pistol primers.