SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Is the Speer 125 Gold Dot still the go to load for .357 Sig?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Speer 125 Gold Dot still the go to load for .357 Sig? Login/Join 
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I like the Winchester T-Series.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I carry Underwood bonded 124gr (loaded with speer gold dot bullets). Getting a touch over 1,500 FPS out of a Glock 32. Havent checked it in my Glock 35 with 357 sig barrel yet.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rockyriver
posted Hide Post
Although I have all the major brands of SD ammo for the 357 SIG, I am partial to the HST.
However I bet that no matter which one of the major SD rounds I were to use if needed on a bad guy, The bad guy would not know the difference.
As long as I did my part and put the bullet in a center mass area or head shot.

Posts: 38 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see no point pushing .357 Sig to extreme pressures. By virtue of necking a .40 to 9mm, it's already achieved velocity and energy with even the lower pressure offerings.

The only consideration for me is reliability, with controllability alongside. I don't train with minimum power cartridges then load up nuclear ammunition for carry. No need.

I don't particularly care if it expands much, either. I'll take penetration over expansion any day.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I got some of the 4234 load at SGammo.

When I next order some, I will try to get both this load and some of the 3918 load to compare.

Is their Lawman load rated to one or the other, or are their two Lawman loads? I'm currently shooting 3919. I presume that's more akin to the 3918, if numeration means anything.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P239 is undersprung for the Underwood loadings, but may be fine in a P229 with a fresh spring. It runs fine in my P226.

My carry ammo is the Gold Dot, mostly because of availability. Have not located HST's.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Cabelas sold me Speer Gold Dot 23918.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I carry with the 54234, get it online in cases of 50rd boxes. Local I can get the 23918 in 20rd boxes and occasionally buy that for the range.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Is their Lawman load rated to one or the other, or are their two Lawman loads? I'm currently shooting 3919. I presume that's more akin to the 3918, if numeration means anything.

There are two Lawman loads in .357 Sig. Link

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post