SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Is the Speer 125 Gold Dot still the go to load for .357 Sig?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Speer 125 Gold Dot still the go to load for .357 Sig? Login/Join 
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I like the Winchester T-Series.

Posts: 1805 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I carry Underwood bonded 124gr (loaded with speer gold dot bullets). Getting a touch over 1,500 FPS out of a Glock 32. Havent checked it in my Glock 35 with 357 sig barrel yet.

Posts: 6237 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I have all the major brands of SD ammo for the 357 SIG, I am partial to the HST.
However I bet that no matter which one of the major SD rounds I were to use if needed on a bad guy, The bad guy would not know the difference.
As long as I did my part and put the bullet in a center mass area or head shot.

Posts: 10 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see no point pushing .357 Sig to extreme pressures. By virtue of necking a .40 to 9mm, it's already achieved velocity and energy with even the lower pressure offerings.

The only consideration for me is reliability, with controllability alongside. I don't train with minimum power cartridges then load up nuclear ammunition for carry. No need.

I don't particularly care if it expands much, either. I'll take penetration over expansion any day.

Posts: 767 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post