SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Most potent yet low recoil 12ga slug for my lady
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most potent yet low recoil 12ga slug for my lady Login/Join 
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of good comments above. I'll add some of my experience as an instructor.

Knoxx stocks are great in a lot of ways but a really good cheek weld can cause an abrasion. I've seen it a few times with smaller officers.

A lever gun in 357 or 44 is probably a very good solution. Even in a '92 style gun, the recoil isn't bad at all. They're pretty simple to use, also. If you're set on a shotgun and your wife is willing to put some work in, I'd strongly suggest the Beretta 1301. It's the softest shooting SG on the market, but familiarization will take some practice.

Also, when it comes to long gun recoil management:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eVHl-fBB-0

I've had a lot of success with this technique. One of our female officers who weighs just a bit over three digits started using the technique and doesn't fear yearly quals nearly as much anymore.

Posts: 3846 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post