SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Super Vel needs primers.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Vel needs primers. Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
Super Vel is having trouble getting primers.
So super vel has a bring your primers offer going on. Basically you send them your primer order and get a reduced price on ammo.

I don't reload so I had no idea primers were hard to find.

https://supervelammunition.com/byop-program/

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
if ammo is hard to find then it is garrunateed that relaoding components are also in short supply

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I suspect that most of the primers are being purchased by the major ammunition manufacturers, and Super Vel probably doesn't qualify for major.
They have been virtually unobtainable for months.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I asked at a gun shop a few days ago about primers. He said they have had a smaller supply trickle in the last two weeks, but they were snapped up immediately.

I take that as a sign, at least a few are in the pipeline.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been getting email's every day about in stock items

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdshank:
I've been getting email's every day about in stock items

From where?
What sources should we be monitoring?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I saw 10,000 CCI small pistol primers on GB go for nearly $3,500.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post