SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Looks like Critical Duty is about to be more popular, per the FBI...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Critical Duty is about to be more popular, per the FBI... Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted
FBI Selects Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +p for 9mm

Thoughts, hivemind?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Good, now all the fan boys will buy that up and I'll have an easier time finding HST and Gold Dots in stock.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
So they decided to ditch the new hotness Speer G2 already, eh? That was quick. (Less than 3 years.) The expansion issues with the early batches probably didn't help confidence.

And the FBI previously adopted Critical Duty for their .40 caliber load, so it's not surprising they went with it for 9mm as well.

One of the largest agencies in my area went to Critical Duty 9mm several years ago. They like it a lot, and it has performed well in a few officer-involved shootings.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I don't think they ditched the Gold Dot. Just another to be able to purchase. The Feds are going for penetration.

Look for the Hydra Shok Deep to be up for approval on contract soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently attended a ballistics workshop from Hornady. The new Critical Duty is good. But, nothing to change my opinion on ordering it for my department. Our Gold Dot keeps on holding it’s own. Now the Hornady sniper stuff.... wow. I have heard mixed reviews about the G2. I think, my opinion remember, the good ole’ Gold Dot is just fine.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is an impressive performer in ballistic gelatin. Leaves a wicked wound channel, much like Federal's 135 grain bonded +P LE9T5.

If I were a police officer, either of those loads would suit me fine.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post