SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Interesting Question About SIG Sauer Ammunition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Question About SIG Sauer Ammunition Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
As we know, folks who have never fired a handgun are buying them now.

One of these people asked me a question today: "Will SIG Sauer ammunition work in a Glock?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Hey, at least he/she asked rather than assuming (one way or another). Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have played him on the line a little and told him the Glock would work better because of it. Big Grin I would have eventually told him it wouldn't matter of course.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the time that I asked the counter guy for a 40 watt bulb for a refrigerator.

He gave me a GE bulb and I kept a straight face when I asked whether the GE bulb would work properly in a Westinghouse refrigerator.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you have to admit -- ammunition to the 'non-shooter' is really confusing

.223 / 5.56 confusion

inches vs. metric references...

9mm / 9mm Para / 9mm Luger / 9mm Kurz

.45 ACP / .45 LC / .45 Auto

.38 SPL / .38 S&W / .38 Super

you can shoot a .38 in a .357 but not the reverse...

12 ga : 2 3/4 vs. 3 in vs 3 1/2 in shells ... not even getting into shot size / weight, etc

some of its just labeling ... but some is actual compatability.

-----------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I remember being in a Cabela's in Nebraska right prior to deer season. The clerk was trying to very hard to help a customer who either had a 300 Savage or 300 Winchester.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I purchased a brick of 22 LR at our Walmart in town a few years ago. They check everyone’s ID at check out. I was 62 with grey hair. The Clerk asked me if it was for a pistol. Wife was with me. I couldn’t help myself and responded it was for a rifle and pointed to the box where it said 22 Long Rifle. Big Grin

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I had a friend a few years back who was very confused about why he needed .38 Special ammo for his S&W revolver, and not .38 S&W ammo.

And I know another guy who, as the Obama ammo drought was going into full swing, bragged about how he was able to find 9mm ammo at a sporting goods store, and so he bought all 10 boxes they had. A couple days later he sheepishly asked if I had any Makarovs, and might I be willing to trade him 10 boxes of 9mm Para for his 10 boxes of 9mm Makarov.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at a gun range, that was upstairs and had a large store downstairs. A really old guy comes in, carrying a box, and opens it and is pointing a loaded S+W snub nose K frame around telling the guy behind the counter that he needs a box of ammo for it......well you could hear people shooting at the range and the old guy points to the door leading to the staircase for the range and tells the gun store employee that someone keeps knocking on his door and he should open it.......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
As we know, folks who have never fired a handgun are buying them now.

One of these people asked me a question today: "Will SIG Sauer ammunition work in a Glock?"

Only if the gun 'takes Glock mags'. Big Grin

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post