SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    P225 Montage Suisse

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
P225 Montage Suisse Login/Join 
posted
I have a 1979 P225 Montage Suisse,in really good condition, and not sure it is ok with JHP's.
I know the earlier P6 had problems feeding JHP.
Appreciate help.

posted Hide Post
I have a newer model P225 that works fine with HP ammo. You might get faster responses from the pistol forum. Try your post there.

-TVz

Posts: 428 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Have you tried feeding it hollow points yet?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Have you tried feeding it hollow points yet?

Yup, try it and see if they feed. My 225 feeds them fine.

If you Google, I bet you can find comparison photos of the feed ramps on a 225 and a P6, which seems to be source of the problem in some P6/225s. I think (but I am not certain) some early 225s had the problematic feed ramp, but I don't know how early or how many.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Range visit today with the P225 Montage Suisse. I used Remington UMC 9mm 115 GR. JHP. Shot 100 rounds with no issues at all.
I will try next Federal 9BP, and see how that functions. After another 100 rnds, if no issue, will be my carry. The slimness allows me to fire accurately in one handed style, which I like.