SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Winchester 130 grain 38 special +P

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 130 grain 38 special +P Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have experience with this ammunition?

Advertised as bonded jacketed hollow point @ 960 fps. Nickel cased law enforcement ammunition.

Thanks.

Posts: 71 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want any, better buy some soon, the prices are going up. CDNN has it in stock now for $19.99/50(was $16.99 recently), GT Distributors lists for $14.99, but available only @ Texas store(not online). Ammoseek shows cheapest about $25/50. You'll have to pay $14.95 ship + $4.95 Ad./Sign. @ CDNN,so it's better to purchase other items with your ammo to defray ship. charges. As you prolly know, Win. states bullet constructed for auto glass, etc. penetration. No, haven't tested any yet, still kicking myself for not getting any when cheaper.

Posts: 53 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
that the PDX1 new stuff or the Super-X?

Back when I had my J-Frame, I used to carry the Super-X 125gr +P. Never had any issues with it, though it was pretty stout. Definitely knew it was the hotter stuff when shooting it. Could only get through a few cylinders before I'd switch back to range ammo. That was in a Smith 637.

Posts: 9933 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of astraightshooter
posted Hide Post
Hello Wolfpacker,

I love the winchester ranger 130 grain, 38 special +p round (WW-RA38-BX). I also have recently ordered on-line the round from GT Distributors.

I bought another 2K rounds, in late December 2016. I think that their website means that their stock for the sale is located at their Austin Warehouse/Store.

My Shipping Invoice shows GT Distributors-Austin as the point of origin.

Posts: 84 | Location: NoVA | Registered: August 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wolfpacker,

Hit post now - prematurely. The round is very accurate in my 2/3/and 6 inch revolvers. While I have not personally tested its penetration prowess - I trust that the bonded round will punch through most heavy jackets and other outer-wear if called upon to do so.

It's also a very clean burning round - makes it very easy to service the guns after firing.

Posts: 84 | Location: NoVA | Registered: August 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wolfpacker,

Ordered another 1000 rounds this weekend, after checking the pricing from other vendors, expecting delivery tomorrow!

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
From what I have seen, it requires a full 4 inch barrel to expand. So maybe not the best round for snubbies.

Posts: 3655 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post