SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Necessary to use delead?

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Necessary to use delead? Login/Join 
posted
I always wash my hands with soap, then use delead at the indoor range I use. It’s just force of habit because it’s there, but is delead necessary? I only use factory ammo, no reloads.

Posts: 43 | Registered: November 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Sounds a little paranoid to me.
ever think of taking up golf,oh wait,there is pesticides on the grass. Wink

Posts: 21421 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wash your hands with soap and cold water and you'll be fine.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 979 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Why not take whatever precautions you believe are reasonable? Lead exposure is not good for us or the people we’re around, especially children. If you’re concerned, have you had your blood lead levels checked? Even though I only wash after range sessions, I would never tell anyone, “Oh, you don’t need to do that,” without knowing much more about their circumstances that may be completely different from mine.

“I can’t give you brains, but I can give you a diploma.”
— The Wizard of Oz

Posts: 38006 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I wash with a squirt of liquid laundry soap when I finish reloading...I take these with me when I go to the range...

https://www.amazon.com/Hygenal...-Count/dp/B001SJ0JIU

I agree with sigfreund...no use taking any chances.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 8130 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
Picture of KMitch200
posted Hide Post
I carry those same delead wipes in my range bag too.
I use them BEFORE I get to where I can wash my hands. After policing up the brass, casing/holstering the guns amd everything else you do when you are packing up to go, my hands are filthy.
I want to remove as much lead as I can *before* I start to grab ear pro, the handles on my range bag, keys (remote start to get the AC going), hearing aids, etc.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 2631 | Location: AZ - West side of the valley | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post