SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Whats the hardest hitting 357 sig
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats the hardest hitting 357 sig Login/Join 
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
I run the Underwood 125 grain bonded Gold Dot hollow point in my P229. Having seen multiple chrono tests with gel showing it to penetrate well, not shed its jacket, expand reliably, function dependably, and produce 1500+ fps from a 4" barrel... I have a lot of confidence in it.

I've investigated enough shootings over the years, both officer involved and otherwise, to know that gel does not equal living targets. Unless laws change to allow randomly shooting human beings for educational purposes, I'd say that it's the best option we have for demonstrating repeatable results.

In short, I am unaware of any hollow point round offered in 357 SIG that produces science based results superior to those of the Underwood 125 grain bonded Gold Dot hollow point. If I do become aware of such a round, I will buy some, test it in my gun, and carry it with confidence.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just saw sizeable price reduction s in Gold Dot sig 357 at several online vendors. Did some big agency decide to drop either the gold dot or the 357 sig entirely and turn that ammo back to the distributors. Its cheaper than range ammo.

Posts: 705 | Registered: April 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post