SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    American Steel Ammunition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Steel Ammunition Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted
Is American Steel ammunition any less harsh on a gun than WOLF OR TULA etc?

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't had a chance to try any of Freedom Munitions steel cased ammo but I have shot several thousand steel cased 9mm including 1K WOLF brand lacquered Tula, Military Classic by Ulyanovsk, some Barnaul and 1K of S&B's Range Safe. I only experienced one total dud from the Tula stuff.

IMO, steel cased ammo is no more harsh on guns than brass cased ammo. Some guns just don't function well with steel cased ammo.

Posts: 259 | Registered: December 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comment.
I wonder if Steel Case is going to get more popular with the increase in Copper and Zinc prices.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
I put 3k rounds through all my pistols.....i didn't notice and real difference between it and the brass....I liked it much better than TulAmmo.....it burned much cleaner as well!!!!

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
American Steel is very underpowered. Great price, works fine, but casings literally dribble out of the ejection port on my P30 and Glock 19

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's worked for me. It is underpowered but cycles all my handguns. It makes brass colored sparks fly out of the barrel of my guns. I make sure not to collect any for reloading.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post