SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    How do you like CCI Blazer .22lr 40gr in rifles like a 10/22 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you like CCI Blazer .22lr 40gr in rifles like a 10/22 ? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I recently bought a brick, but have not had a chance to try it in my semi-auto rifles. Some reviews have mentioned a waxy coating that gums them up, but most are really favorable.

I've been tempted by a few sales around $22/500 and its really had me curious.

I have had no problems with any 22 bulk ammo from Remington, Federal or Winchester in my rifles.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used it for years in a 10-22 as well as two Ruger semi auto pistols with out any problems.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to go from my personal report.

Posts: 106 | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
No issues. Probably better than the bulk pack Remington and the like.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is good to go. I used it in my 10/22's and buckmark with no problems.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
Should be fine. Typically if a 10/22 wont shoot it needs an extractor.

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
I shot around 100 rounds through my 10/22 with no issues. It has a good rep compared to some of the other big names.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's good. The federal bricks are my favorite for cheap .22 though.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Went through about 200 rds today. I had quite a few FTF due to the spent cases not clearing. Haven't had this happen before.

I'll use it but I'm surprised it gave me so many problems.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Rimfires of all stripes are notoriously unpredictable. Some will digest anything. Some are very fussy.

Some ammo does seem to be generally good shooting in many guns. CCI's standard velocity .22 is usually solid ammo in a lot of guns. But I am sure there is some .22 out there that doesn't like it.

And some is generally thought to be on the crappy side.

I haven't used the CCI Blazer. If it shoots - great. If it doesn't don't get it again for that gun. But it may shoot fine in some other gun.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d FO, only tier of federal.22 I like better than Blazer is CCI. You’re golden, blazer will cycle through almost all types.

Posts: 106 | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post