SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Winchester Super X 9mm Ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Super X 9mm Ammo Login/Join 
posted
I found several boxes of this Super X in my lair. Is it still contemporary good ammo for CCW? I have not kept up with latest/greatest.

Posts: 784 | Location: CO | Registered: December 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
It is not very good,send it to me for proper disposal. Cool

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good ammo - yes

latest and greatest - no

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be self conscious with a reliable pistol loaded up with that.

As they say, "shot placement is key"

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Same here. It's decent ammunition. I wouldn't have a second thought about carrying it.

But I still carry Federal 9BP because its so darn accurate in every 9mm I've ever had it in. Have all the new whiz-bang stuff, but as stated, shot placement is first on the list.

Test it on paper in your equipment. If it's cycling and patterning well, go with it.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahhh.. The Winchester Silvertip ammo.
All I used in the 80's. Had it in 38 special, 9mm and 45acp. Still have some 38 special's. The newer 357 magnum and 38 super. I have shot a lot of the 9mm. It always functioned in everything.
I used all my 9mm up a long time ago. These days I carry HST or Gold Dot. I would not feel under gunned today if all I had was silvertip 9mm.But, I would rather carry HST's.

Posts: 113 | Registered: April 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
non +P .38 SPL on sale here

https://www.sgammo.com/product...hp-hollow-point-ammo

might be a good choice for an Airweight...

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
good ammo - yes

latest and greatest - no

An accurate assessment. No, it won't penetrate 12 inches of gelatin after going through a car full of nuns and turn into a miniature throwing star, but it's perfectly serviceable.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post