SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Hornady 22 rimfire ammo anyone tried it yet?

Moderators: LDD, parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Hornady 22 rimfire ammo anyone tried it yet? Login/Join 
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted
I just got a deal in my email about Hornady entering into the 22 rimfire business. Has any one tried it and what do you think of it?

Posts: 2142 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Report This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
When Hornady came out with the 17 HMR and than the 17 Mach 2 they were being loaded by CCI with Hornady bullets for years and still are as far as I know. The Remington 17 HMR load was also loaded by CCI. I would be surprised if Hornady has actually entered the 22 rimfire business or are the just rebranding someone elses 22 rimfire?

posted Hide Post
I agree with Jelly that Hornady likely will use another manufacturer to produce their rebranded 22lr ammo. CCI is the likely producer.

I doubt Hornady would use Remington -- Remington's domestic rimfire production isn't well regarded for accuracy. Remington uses Eley for their match-quality ammo, with ammo boxes labeled Remington/Eley.

In the event the Hornady builds its own 22lr ammo production facilities, that's good news for any 22lr shooter. I suspect if they go into the game, they will do it right.

Given that Hornady's announcement of 22lr ammo isn't easily found on the internet, that Hornady doesn't list the ammo on their website, that the ammo isn't available on any website or search engine I'm familiar with, that there's no gun site that has reviewed the ammo -- I seriously bet nobody on this site knows squat about the ammo, let alone seeing it or testing it.

Posts: 4723 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Most likely CCI/Speer, which in-turn is owned by ATK in a division called "Vista Outdoor" - If you want to see a list of all the companies they own, check here: https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

You might be surprised...

Posts: 45 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 24, 2016Report This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
I believe it was my error, or an error in printing, I can not find it again. I called Hornady and the lady in customer service said they had np plans to make 22 rimfire ammo as far as she knew.

Thanks Friends

Posts: 2142 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Report This Post