SIGforum
Blazer Brass 45ACP ammo

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410601935/m/4900071664

February 02, 2020, 12:34 PM
odin
Blazer Brass 45ACP ammo
Just want to give you the heads-up that Blazer brass .45ACP ammo in 200 rd packs is "small primer" ammo. Bought 2 boxes for my FIL and he has returned the casings. %&#)*&!!
February 02, 2020, 03:10 PM
rexles
yep hate Sp 45acp brass!

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell
February 02, 2020, 04:45 PM
ZSMICHAEL
I am no expert on small primer ammo, but I have not heard a lot of negatives. What I have read is mainly positive. Does it make a difference in reloading??
February 03, 2020, 10:00 AM
Expert308
Only in that it's a PITA to sort your brass by primer size. They're similar enough in appearance - especially after looking at several hundred of them - that it's really easy to toss one in the wrong pile now and then. And that can result in foul words being spoken when you try to run the wrong one through your progressive press.

When I shoot Blazer Brass I shoot only that, and keep the pickups separate from my other brass. I trade them to a friend who only reloads small primer .45's for his large primer cases.
March 03, 2020, 11:52 AM
1KPerDay
PITA and may the person who invented it burn in the fires of reloading hell. Some loons prefer it because they don’t have to switch primer sizes on their presses.

I save it up when I find it and shoot it in lost brass matches. Annoying as hell.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.