SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Ammo at Walmart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo at Walmart Login/Join 
posted
I have not ben to a full size Walmart in over a year now and wondered if they still sell hand gun ammo? I know a while back they said were not going to carry it anymore. Any body know the answer?

LMRichter

Posts: 2 | Location: Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
They do in Epping but only 22 and rifle calibers. No 2233 as far as I remember. Handgun calibers were gone.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
They quit selling the “evil” ammo calibers. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Just shotgun and rifle hunting ammo. No .223/5.56 either.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Yeah, nothing that'll do any damage... Roll Eyes

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
All I've found is "Bucket of Ammo" in 22LR -- and yes, Doug McMillion (Wally CEO or something) stopped selling those viscious, hatefull, people killers called pistol ammo.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I cruise thru there when I am in that part of Wally World. Since they eliminated the pistol/evil black gun 556 calibers I have not seen ONE decent ammo sale, and their "ammo" section gets smaller and smaller each time I visit.
Prior to that you could occasionally catch a decent deal. Evidently no longer.
Around here the best local brick and mortar 22LR and (particularly prior to coronavirus) 9mm, .40 & .45 prices seem to be at Dunham's.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Well, I will say that I recently purchased “00” 12 gauge buckshot. The local Walmart does still carry that item. I rarely go to Walmart but had received a Walmart specific gift card.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Well, I will say that I recently purchased “00” 12 gauge buckshot. The local Walmart does still carry that item. I rarely go to Walmart but had received a Walmart specific gift card.

I saw some recently at a local Walmart also. 12 ga slugs to.

The Winchester 00 Buck is good stuff.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They announced they would sell out remaining stock and no more last September.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
what I was saying was, what they're still selling can do just as much damage as what they refuse to sell now.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It was purely a business decision by Walmart, only in those local stores wherein handgun ammo wasn't selling well.

My royal blue ass.

Has oh, so, ethically-minded Walmart stopped selling Made in China shit?

No need to answer, that was a rhetorical question. Smile

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I try not to buy any ammo, guns, or shooting stuff from Walmart, but do on occasion.

Kinda like Colt, our local Walmart’s got out of selling guns a few years back, then reversed.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BulkCheapAmmo:
Please have a look at https://www.bulkcheapammo.com
https://www.bulkcheapammo.com/rifle-ammo/300-savage

Bulk cheap? Ha

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Welcome to 2020...you snooze you loose...with the “popular ammunition” choices being made of unobtainable alloy ...sad but true Frown...reload and cast/powder coat and stock up on raw components...it’s just the way it is in 2020 learn from the past...it’s out there for all to see...just sayin’

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was brave and went to my Walmart yesterday. No firearms (I don't think any pellet or BB guns either), a few different shotshell loadings, a smattering of different rifle cartridges.

But they were having a Clearance sale on many of their knives (in essence, anything not their house brand). I got a Gerber multitool and left. Sorry for the thread drift, but increasingly their Sporting Goods Dept. is nothing but cheap volleyballs and soccer stuff for kids.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My (Portage, MI) Walmart is now keeping BBs and airgun pellets locked in their sporting goods cabinet. Of course, there is never a clerk available to open it.

Posts: 265 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Samps:
My (Portage, MI) Walmart is now keeping BBs and airgun pellets locked in their sporting goods cabinet. Of course, there is never a clerk available to open it.

Finding help for buckshot purchases @ Walmart is a scarce opportunity.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
local WM today had Estate 00 buckshot available for $19 / 25 rd box

might be worth a look in your area

----------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my local Walmart’s ( northern Arizona) right after they announced they were closing our pistol ammo the shelves were bare within 48 hours.
We have a sportsmans warehouse ( hard shelves the standard these days) which is the only big chain store in these parts. We have big five sporting goods but even before the panic was priced rather high. At this point the smaller brick and mortar gun shops are better stocked and prices for the most part are not crazy, though higher than 9 months ago

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post