SIGforum
Ammo at Walmart

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410601935/m/4890094174

June 21, 2020, 11:54 AM
deadeye2
Ammo at Walmart
I have not ben to a full size Walmart in over a year now and wondered if they still sell hand gun ammo? I know a while back they said were not going to carry it anymore. Any body know the answer?

LMRichter
June 21, 2020, 12:45 PM
rscalzo
They do in Epping but only 22 and rifle calibers. No 2233 as far as I remember. Handgun calibers were gone.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
June 21, 2020, 01:29 PM
drabfour
They quit selling the “evil” ammo calibers. Roll Eyes
June 21, 2020, 03:24 PM
RogueJSK
Just shotgun and rifle hunting ammo. No .223/5.56 either.
June 21, 2020, 04:36 PM
az4783054
Yeah, nothing that'll do any damage... Roll Eyes
June 22, 2020, 02:22 PM
Tinyman
All I've found is "Bucket of Ammo" in 22LR -- and yes, Doug McMillion (Wally CEO or something) stopped selling those viscious, hatefull, people killers called pistol ammo.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on
June 25, 2020, 05:34 PM
Rinehart
I cruise thru there when I am in that part of Wally World. Since they eliminated the pistol/evil black gun 556 calibers I have not seen ONE decent ammo sale, and their "ammo" section gets smaller and smaller each time I visit.
Prior to that you could occasionally catch a decent deal. Evidently no longer.
Around here the best local brick and mortar 22LR and (particularly prior to coronavirus) 9mm, .40 & .45 prices seem to be at Dunham's.
June 25, 2020, 10:29 PM
Wolfpacker
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Well, I will say that I recently purchased “00” 12 gauge buckshot. The local Walmart does still carry that item. I rarely go to Walmart but had received a Walmart specific gift card.
June 26, 2020, 07:49 AM
Sig209
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Well, I will say that I recently purchased “00” 12 gauge buckshot. The local Walmart does still carry that item. I rarely go to Walmart but had received a Walmart specific gift card.

I saw some recently at a local Walmart also. 12 ga slugs to.

The Winchester 00 Buck is good stuff.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
June 26, 2020, 09:45 AM
220-9er
They announced they would sell out remaining stock and no more last September.

June 26, 2020, 11:10 AM
az4783054
what I was saying was, what they're still selling can do just as much damage as what they refuse to sell now.
June 26, 2020, 06:01 PM
RichardC
It was purely a business decision by Walmart, only in those local stores wherein handgun ammo wasn't selling well.

My royal blue ass.

Has oh, so, ethically-minded Walmart stopped selling Made in China shit?

No need to answer, that was a rhetorical question. Smile

July 05, 2020, 04:43 AM
sourdough44
I try not to buy any ammo, guns, or shooting stuff from Walmart, but do on occasion.

Kinda like Colt, our local Walmart’s got out of selling guns a few years back, then reversed.
July 29, 2020, 09:57 AM
drabfour
quote:
Originally posted by BulkCheapAmmo:
Please have a look at https://www.bulkcheapammo.com
https://www.bulkcheapammo.com/rifle-ammo/300-savage

Bulk cheap? Ha
July 30, 2020, 03:11 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
Welcome to 2020...you snooze you loose...with the “popular ammunition” choices being made of unobtainable alloy ...sad but true Frown...reload and cast/powder coat and stock up on raw components...it’s just the way it is in 2020 learn from the past...it’s out there for all to see...just sayin’

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
August 11, 2020, 03:13 PM
rat2306
I was brave and went to my Walmart yesterday. No firearms (I don't think any pellet or BB guns either), a few different shotshell loadings, a smattering of different rifle cartridges.

But they were having a Clearance sale on many of their knives (in essence, anything not their house brand). I got a Gerber multitool and left. Sorry for the thread drift, but increasingly their Sporting Goods Dept. is nothing but cheap volleyballs and soccer stuff for kids.
September 11, 2020, 08:35 PM
Samps
My (Portage, MI) Walmart is now keeping BBs and airgun pellets locked in their sporting goods cabinet. Of course, there is never a clerk available to open it.
September 11, 2020, 09:55 PM
Wolfpacker
quote:
Originally posted by Samps:
My (Portage, MI) Walmart is now keeping BBs and airgun pellets locked in their sporting goods cabinet. Of course, there is never a clerk available to open it.

Finding help for buckshot purchases @ Walmart is a scarce opportunity.
September 13, 2020, 08:58 AM
Sig209
local WM today had Estate 00 buckshot available for $19 / 25 rd box

might be worth a look in your area

----------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
September 18, 2020, 11:57 AM
captain127
In my local Walmart’s ( northern Arizona) right after they announced they were closing our pistol ammo the shelves were bare within 48 hours.
We have a sportsmans warehouse ( hard shelves the standard these days) which is the only big chain store in these parts. We have big five sporting goods but even before the panic was priced rather high. At this point the smaller brick and mortar gun shops are better stocked and prices for the most part are not crazy, though higher than 9 months ago