SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    5.7 x 28 mm Ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5.7 x 28 mm Ammo Login/Join 
posted
It appears that the price of this stuff has not declined at all. Prices at TargetSports and SGammo are almost the same as several years back? Gunbroker prices high as well. Any suggestions on why and also where I might get a better price?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I remember that stuff being dirt cheap when it first came out. I nearly bought a pistol to use it in, just because the ammo was a deal. I don’t know what happened.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy shooting my FN 5.7 but it is expensive. I think it has actually gone up a little since I last bought some. Limited recoil, twenty round capacity.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I bought the setup for my 550 Dillon and reloaded a bunch of it.
Its a qurkie round to load with powder limitations and bullets.When I first started loading ,data was scarce to none
Dillon will not sell shell holder and I went outside of them to get the setup I needed.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
It appears that the price of this stuff has not declined at all.

Any suggestions on why and also where I might get a better price?

Because it's niche round that few pistols use and any niche round will be more expensive since the manufacturer has to shut down production of more profitable and popular ammunition like 9mm to make it and why would they?

Same reason why .25 and .32 are expensive too.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because it's niche round that few pistols use and any niche round will be more expensive since the manufacturer has to shut down production of more profitable and popular ammunition like 9mm to make it and why would they?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah. I get that. The price however HAS BEEN considerably lower in the past. I guess you would say that supply then has kept up with demand. I rather doubt that 9mm is more profitable for these companies as you imply.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
They make it quantity every 3-4 years it seems. When the market is flush, prices drop. It steadily climbs as the supply dwindles of inventory at dealers. I've bought a case from PSA of SS197 for like $14.99/box. AE was about $13.99/box back then. Historically speaking, anything less than $20/box is a good price. When I got my first pistol and first PS90, $18.95/box for a case quantity was as cheap as it got (dealer price was slightly below that).

I sold all mine after Sandy Hook at $1/rd and got $5500 for my PS90 and FiveseveN. I've since replaced them with an IOM pistol and another PS90.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]They make it quantity every 3-4 years it seems. When the market is flush, prices drop. It steadily climbs as the supply dwindles of inventory at dealers. I've bought a case from PSA of SS197 for like $14.99/box. AE was about $13.99/box back then. Historically speaking, anything less than $20/box is a good price. When I got my first pistol and first PS90, $18.95/box for a case quantity was as cheap as it got (dealer price was slightly below that).

I sold all mine after Sandy Hook at $1/rd and got $5500 for my PS90 and FiveseveN. I've since replaced them with an IOM pistol and another PS90.[/quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks. What you said makes sense. I will watch prices. I have found the AE brand to shoot just as well as the pricey FN stuff. For a while the AE rounds were actually more. I have a pretty good supply. I like the fact that my pistol stays pretty clean with that ammo compared to my other pistols.

Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I was stockpiling before I had firearms chambered in 5.7. I have been able to get Ss198LF, 197, and AE at under $20/box. You can occasionally find some deals but tends to go fast. Really enjoy 5.7 and plan to keep a good stockpile.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post