SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Feeling like the last 40 S&W hold out
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feeling like the last 40 S&W hold out Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Yay! Caliber wars.

I think both are just fine. I have chosen 9mm because I think it is damn near as deadly, and costs a lot less to shoot recreationally. I enjoy the lesser recoil, too.

It does seem interest in the .40 is diminished, but hardly gone.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I might be the oddball, but I actually like the .40 caliber. I own more than 3, and it's what my agency provides (in a G22). I'll admit, the recoil is greater than the 9mm. However, all of the data I've read shows that the .40 is a better round in dealing with certain situations (windshield penetration being one) than the 9mm. Practice, practice, practice! Indeed, I would choose this caliber over all others, including .357Sig and 10mm.

-Odin

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 40. Going to the 9. Cheaper, less recoil. It's listed in the classifieds. Sig Tach Ops. Great deal.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I like 40SW because in my G22 factory mags, it uses exactly three rows of five cartridges out of my 50 rd boxes, thus keeping my boxes neat and even.
Same goes for my G20, G40 and SP101. Multiples of five.
Ahhhhh.....Smile

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I agree the mags hold 15 rounds,,,,,,BUT, do you not carry with one in the chamber? (46 Rds total)
Just wondering!!!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnnyringo8769
posted Hide Post
well here where i live....40 cal is much cheaper than anything else...even the big box stores i can find better deals on 40 cal....i have been selling down for a while and my last two guns are 40 cal...i have been a avid 45 acp lover for many years and owned a P220 for over 13 years....to me..the 40 cal is better than the 9mm due to lower cost ammo and as i sold down my collection..both the 40 cal guns i purchased...one is a like new G27 gen 4 with 4 mags...got that for less than 400 shipped to me...and my main gun...my new to me like new very early 1993 P229 40 cal..i got that less than 500 and it looks to be never fired...so let others just from ammo to ammo...i will enjoy the great prices on great firearms...and low costs ammo...i do think this will eventually level out ...but for right now...buy lots of extra ammo....God Bless and Merry Christmas to u all...John

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

The Republic will cease to exist when the government takes away from those who are willing to work to give to those who are not.
Unknown....

"This is what the Lord says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; Ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.' " (Jer. 6:16)

Posts: 106 | Location: Jamestown NY 14701 | Registered: December 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just brought home another 40 (G23). Have wanted one since firing a rental over a year ago. It was one of only three 40s I saw at the dealer (one was a G27) new. Lots of 9s and 45s as so many others have seen on the forum. One 10mm.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post