SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Ruger LC9 Carry Ammo?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LC9 Carry Ammo? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Picked up a Ruger LC9 from a member here and was wondering if anyone could recommend a carry ammo for it?

I've used Remington Golden Saber for all my other 9mm's over the years, but wasn't sure if this smaller, nearly pocket-pistol sized 9mm did better with any other ammo out there?

I had a KT PF-9 some years back and recall that the 115 grain Silvertip was highly recommended in that and since the LC9 is basically a clone of the PF-9, I am wondering if I should try that first.

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Mine runs well on Federal HST. All weights, standard and +P. The 147 standard pressure is what I settle on. If not that, 124 standard pressure. +P is not needed really with the HST. The standard pressures still work great out of a 3” barrel.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post