SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Good 9mm Luger range ammo deal: Federal 100-round boxes at Wal-Mart
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Good 9mm Luger range ammo deal: Federal 100-round boxes at Wal-Mart Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
Brass case, too. In fact, the brass is less than the aluminum. Currently priced at $18.97 per 100-round box. I have shot up a couple and they all went bang and made holes.


 
Posts: 19100 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Brass case, too. In fact, the brass is less than the aluminum. Currently priced at $18.97 per 100-round box. I have shot up a couple and they all went bang and made holes.


Always the tease...... Wink


"No matter where you go - there you are"
 
Posts: 2995 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Prices on 9mm have been slowly dropping. Now to get the price down to where it was 8 years ago. (I know it won't happen.)




Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is.
 
Posts: 7939 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
In the late 1990s and early 2000s you could buy .45 range ammo for what 9mm is today, and 9mm was even lower. Still, infinitely preferable to, say, 2012.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,


 
Posts: 19100 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
Prices on 9mm have been slowly dropping. Now to get the price down to where it was 8 years ago. (I know it won't happen.)


Prices are currently lower than they were 8 years ago. In 2008, 9mm FMJ brass cased were already $10/box of 50, or more. WWB at Walmart was $20/100.

I'm not certain, but I think it was around 2006-2007 that metal prices shot up and ammo prices climbed sharply.
 
Posts: 2162 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I recall the WWB -9mm 100 round bulk packs---$11.97/ea


"No matter where you go - there you are"
 
Posts: 2995 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
I recall the WWB -9mm 100 round bulk packs---$11.97/ea


Ditto. I remember early 2000's when $20 bought me a bulk pack of ammo and covered my entry fee for a Friday night plate shoot.




A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm
 
Posts: 1975 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
I recall the WWB -9mm 100 round bulk packs---$11.97/ea


Ditto. I remember early 2000's when $20 bought me a bulk pack of ammo and covered my entry fee for a Friday night plate shoot.


Maybe early 2000s, but 8 years ago was 2009! Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking, into the future...

I didn't shoot 9mm until 8-10 years ago, and $10/50 has always been a good price for me. Back then I was told about the good old days of $5-6/box. But that definitely was well before 2008.
 
Posts: 2162 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Soaring Hawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
I recall the WWB -9mm 100 round bulk packs---$11.97/ea


Those were the days! Back then I bought a lot of it at that price point. Looking back on it, sure was happy I acquired an abundance. During the years of the ammo shortage, I had plenty available.
 
Posts: 1172 | Registered: March 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Raff661
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Walmart, went for a couple of things we needed around the house and ended up buying 3 boxes of federal 100rd Brass case for 18.97 each and a box of federal 100rd .223 for 34.00 will be trying it out tomorrow and see how it works for me
 
Posts: 37 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
Prices on 9mm have been slowly dropping. Now to get the price down to where it was 8 years ago. (I know it won't happen.)


How about the prices of twelve or fifteen years ago? Academy Sports sold Blazer Aluminum 9mm for under $4 a box. I should have bought a truckload.

I feel like my grandmother, complaining that bread should be ten cents a loaf.




The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
 
Posts: 44023 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
look on the bright side, atleast guns don't run on gas Smile
 
Posts: 1283 | Location: Western Wa | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I miss buying 2K rounds of Blazer 9mm for $200 shipped. Frown


------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"
 
Posts: 13845 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Leave it to the forum for answers. I just saw this at Walmart and wondered about it because the box has changed from the old dark red color. Counter guy said it was the same, just new box.
 
Posts: 1558 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Not to jack this thread, but has anyone seen this aluminum cased Federal ammo any place but Walmart? Or is this a Walmart exclusive?


_______________________________________________________________________
www.opspectraining.com
Check out our customer appreciation class
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...1105858/m/7790088624

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

"There are only two reasons why a proven technique doesn't work under stress: the shooter isn't adequately trained in it's application, or he/she doesn't really believe it will work because he/she is programmed for failure to begin with." BG

 
Posts: 30487 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Not to jack this thread, but has anyone seen this aluminum cased Federal ammo any place but Walmart? Or is this a Walmart exclusive?

Respectively, no, and I don't know.

I have never bothered to try out their aluminum, when brass is cheaper. Aluminum seems to be an individual gun thing; I had a number of failures to eject Blazer aluminum in a CZ, but it ran perfectly with any brass. I don't recall any stoppages with it in other guns.


 
Posts: 19100 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I bought some of this Federal Brass today and just noticed the box says FMJ RN. Being a fairly new shooter does the RN simply stand for round nose? I don't mean to sound dumb but inquiring minds want to know. Also the 100 rd brass was cheaper than 2 50 rd boxes of aluminum. I have shot the aluminum when brass was not available and never had any problems with it.
 
Posts: 169 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
I bought some of this Federal Brass today and just noticed the box says FMJ RN. Being a fairly new shooter does the RN simply stand for round nose? I don't mean to sound dumb but inquiring minds want to know. Also the 100 rd brass was cheaper than 2 50 rd boxes of aluminum. I have shot the aluminum when brass was not available and never had any problems with it.

RN = round nose. Manufacturers have been having some special pricing lately on their munitions so that may be what you are seeing.




Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is.
 
Posts: 7939 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
I bought some of this Federal Brass today and just noticed the box says FMJ RN. Being a fairly new shooter does the RN simply stand for round nose? I don't mean to sound dumb but inquiring minds want to know. Also the 100 rd brass was cheaper than 2 50 rd boxes of aluminum. I have shot the aluminum when brass was not available and never had any problems with it.

RN = round nose. Manufacturers have been having some special pricing lately on their munitions so that may be what you are seeing.


When I was putting my ammo away last night I noticed it said not for use by LE which makes sense but it also says do not use with ported barrels or slides. Does anyone know this would be a problem?
 
Posts: 169 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:



When I was putting my ammo away last night I noticed it said not for use by LE which makes sense but it also says do not use with ported barrels or slides. Does anyone know this would be a problem?

I'm guessing but they may put a flash retardant in their military and LEO spec'd ammunition. Ported barrels/slides and some ammunition give a brilliant display of flash at night. It really hampers the night vision. Remington has in the past had the lowest flash signature with Federal having one of the brighter. Take a night class and look at the flash displays. My handloads with 231 in 45ACP make for a nice fireball.




Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is.
 
Posts: 7939 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Good 9mm Luger range ammo deal: Federal 100-round boxes at Wal-Mart

© SIGforum 2017