SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Magtech .38 Special ammo - opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magtech .38 Special ammo - opinions Login/Join 
posted
I can pick up a case of .38 Special 158 grain lead SWC at a good price. Your thoughts on Magtech quality? Thanks.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I like them. Not a big 38spl shooter but all the rounds i’ve used fired. Don’t recall them being too dirty. Also, the brass is good for reloading.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I've never had any trouble with Magtech

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I've used Magtech 38 Special for bullseye matches. It shot as well as I could at 50 yards. It's good stuff.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Magtech is pretty good stuff, I used to buy it for the .380's I owned and it was always good.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have shot A LOT of Magtech .357 ammo and it's great.....consistent, powerful, clean, never a failure. I split a case of Magtech .38 special +p and it was the dirtiest ammo I have ever shot......ever....it functioned fine.......but there was so much smoke, you couldn't see the target for a second or two after firing the gun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot any in revolver ammunition but in semi auto, MAGTECH is one of the two manufacturers that I've experienced out of spec ammunition in the past. It jammed the pistol big time. They did replace it.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post